Apr 8, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
After missing one game due to a bruised thigh bruise, Dwyane Wade should be back Friday night to take on Charlotte.
Erik Spoelstra said Dwyane Wade (thigh) is “probable” for tonight against the Bobcats. In Heat parlance that means he is going to play.
This speaks to two things. One, Wade’s pain tolerance is incredibly high. His whole career he has played through bumps and bruises, a byproduct of his slashing style of play that sees him knocked to the ground constantly.
The other is that the Heat can’t risk more losses because they and the Celtics are in a battle for the two/three seeds in the East. Which really means earning home court in the second round when those two teams square off. The big showdown will be Sunday when the Heat and Celtics play, but Miami (and Boston) can’t afford an upset to a lesser team. Like when Miami lost to Milwaukee Wednesday. So Wade will be back.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10