Apr 8, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
After missing one game due to a bruised thigh bruise, Dwyane Wade should be back Friday night to take on Charlotte.
Erik Spoelstra said Dwyane Wade (thigh) is “probable” for tonight against the Bobcats. In Heat parlance that means he is going to play.
This speaks to two things. One, Wade’s pain tolerance is incredibly high. His whole career he has played through bumps and bruises, a byproduct of his slashing style of play that sees him knocked to the ground constantly.
The other is that the Heat can’t risk more losses because they and the Celtics are in a battle for the two/three seeds in the East. Which really means earning home court in the second round when those two teams square off. The big showdown will be Sunday when the Heat and Celtics play, but Miami (and Boston) can’t afford an upset to a lesser team. Like when Miami lost to Milwaukee Wednesday. So Wade will be back.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 35
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38