Apr 8, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
After missing one game due to a bruised thigh bruise, Dwyane Wade should be back Friday night to take on Charlotte.
Erik Spoelstra said Dwyane Wade (thigh) is “probable” for tonight against the Bobcats. In Heat parlance that means he is going to play.
This speaks to two things. One, Wade’s pain tolerance is incredibly high. His whole career he has played through bumps and bruises, a byproduct of his slashing style of play that sees him knocked to the ground constantly.
The other is that the Heat can’t risk more losses because they and the Celtics are in a battle for the two/three seeds in the East. Which really means earning home court in the second round when those two teams square off. The big showdown will be Sunday when the Heat and Celtics play, but Miami (and Boston) can’t afford an upset to a lesser team. Like when Miami lost to Milwaukee Wednesday. So Wade will be back.
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 11
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 46
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 38
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 80
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 26
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 18
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 36
- Carmelo Anthony still not ready to decide, but he needs to soon as options dry up 48