Apr 8, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
After missing one game due to a bruised thigh bruise, Dwyane Wade should be back Friday night to take on Charlotte.
Erik Spoelstra said Dwyane Wade (thigh) is “probable” for tonight against the Bobcats. In Heat parlance that means he is going to play.
This speaks to two things. One, Wade’s pain tolerance is incredibly high. His whole career he has played through bumps and bruises, a byproduct of his slashing style of play that sees him knocked to the ground constantly.
The other is that the Heat can’t risk more losses because they and the Celtics are in a battle for the two/three seeds in the East. Which really means earning home court in the second round when those two teams square off. The big showdown will be Sunday when the Heat and Celtics play, but Miami (and Boston) can’t afford an upset to a lesser team. Like when Miami lost to Milwaukee Wednesday. So Wade will be back.
- LeBron makes emotional return to Cleveland tonight, new Nike ad shows city standing together (VIDEO) 11
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 9
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 21
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 22
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 17
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 39