Apr 8, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
After missing one game due to a bruised thigh bruise, Dwyane Wade should be back Friday night to take on Charlotte.
Erik Spoelstra said Dwyane Wade (thigh) is “probable” for tonight against the Bobcats. In Heat parlance that means he is going to play.
This speaks to two things. One, Wade’s pain tolerance is incredibly high. His whole career he has played through bumps and bruises, a byproduct of his slashing style of play that sees him knocked to the ground constantly.
The other is that the Heat can’t risk more losses because they and the Celtics are in a battle for the two/three seeds in the East. Which really means earning home court in the second round when those two teams square off. The big showdown will be Sunday when the Heat and Celtics play, but Miami (and Boston) can’t afford an upset to a lesser team. Like when Miami lost to Milwaukee Wednesday. So Wade will be back.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61