Apr 8, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
We knew he was playing through wrist pain since his trade to New Jersey, but it may have been worse than we knew.
He has had his moments playing through the pain — Williams had 21 assists and a game-winning shot this week against Minnesota. But the wrist pain dropped the career 46.3 percent shooter to just 34.9 percent since coming to the Nets. From three he shot just 27.1 percent when his career average is 35.5 percent. His PER with Utah was 22.1, but due to the wrist since coming to the Nets it is 17 (still above average but not the All-Star level we expect out of Williams).
He should be fully recovered for the start of next season. Whenever that is. Jordan Farmar will get the big minutes the last few games, so look for some pull-up threes.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47