Apr 8, 2011, 12:39 PM EDT
Andrew Bogut’s elbow just was never right this season.
Which shouldn’t be a shock after the gruesome injury he suffered a year ago. The fact he pushed back to play 65 games through pain is a credit to his desire to be there for the team. But with him not right — and other players regressing — the Bucks offense circled down the toilet. It is the worst in the league.
Now Bogut is going to have arthroscopic surgery on his elbow after the season ends to clean out the scar tissue and debris still in there, according to a tweet from Charles Garner of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Bogut could not get full extension in his right elbow, and that has impacted his shooting. He hit 49.7 percent of his shots overall this season, down from 52 percent last season and 57.7 percent two years ago. Bogut still shot well at the rim (64 percent) but got off nearly one fewer shots from there per game (via Hoopdata). Where you really noticed was at the free throw line, where his percentage dropped from 62.9 percent down to 49.7 percent this season.
With the surgery and the summer (plus the lockout time) off he should come back closer to his old self next season.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (82)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'