Apr 7, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
It is dangerous to make big, sweeping generalizations off of one play (or even one game).
But the Timberwolves have mentally packed it in. They have lost a dozen in a row and are now half a game back of Cleveland for the worst record in the league. Think about that — Cleveland had a historic losing streak and the Wolves are worse.
This play exemplifies where Minnesota’s heads are right now. I’d say Josh Childress of the Suns caught the Timberwolves napping, but they really just sleepwalked through the entire game. And it is not the first time — remember this LeBron James play from a few days ago? Heads up play by Childress but the Wolves…. ugh.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 13
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 18
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14