Apr 7, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
It is dangerous to make big, sweeping generalizations off of one play (or even one game).
But the Timberwolves have mentally packed it in. They have lost a dozen in a row and are now half a game back of Cleveland for the worst record in the league. Think about that — Cleveland had a historic losing streak and the Wolves are worse.
This play exemplifies where Minnesota’s heads are right now. I’d say Josh Childress of the Suns caught the Timberwolves napping, but they really just sleepwalked through the entire game. And it is not the first time — remember this LeBron James play from a few days ago? Heads up play by Childress but the Wolves…. ugh.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 4
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 23
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17