Apr 7, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
It is dangerous to make big, sweeping generalizations off of one play (or even one game).
But the Timberwolves have mentally packed it in. They have lost a dozen in a row and are now half a game back of Cleveland for the worst record in the league. Think about that — Cleveland had a historic losing streak and the Wolves are worse.
This play exemplifies where Minnesota’s heads are right now. I’d say Josh Childress of the Suns caught the Timberwolves napping, but they really just sleepwalked through the entire game. And it is not the first time — remember this LeBron James play from a few days ago? Heads up play by Childress but the Wolves…. ugh.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 0
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 1
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 28
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 56
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40