Apr 7, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
The lockout is coming July 1. We keep telling you so you will not be surprised. Know it is coming. No matter what you do it will arrive, it is an unstoppable force at this time.
Which means there are two fronts being played by both the owners and the players union: 1) At the negotiating table; 2) For the hearts and minds of basketball fans, the public opinion battle. (Which the players are going to lose, the players always lose that battle in any lockout. Fair or not.)
The gentlemen at The Basketball Jones have focused in on the second part of that, putting together potential advertising campaigns for both sides. If you’re not familiar with the issues, the first few commercials lay out both sides arguments pretty clearly. Then the TBJ boys take it places only they will go. Which is pretty dang funny.
Enjoy, but know there are some language in here some people will find offensive. Well, that and a murder. So if those things offend you do not push play. We warned you.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 4
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 7
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 11
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 4
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 37
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1