Magic’s Quentin Richardson suspended two games

Apr 7, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT

Orlando Magic's Quentin Richardson, Left, Grabs The Face Of Charlotte Bobcats' Gerald Henderson, Rear, As Kwame Brown, AP

Orlando did some bargain shopping, stopping by the two-for-one suspension sale the NBA League Office was throwing.

Orlando’s Quentin Richardson has been suspended two games for a two-and shove to the face of Jason Richardson in the fourth quarter Wednesday night. He will sit out Sunday against Chicago and Monday against the 76ers, the league announced.

Dwight Howard also will be suspended for Sunday’s game after picking up his 18th technical.

With 8:30 remaining in the fourth quarter Wednesday, Charlotte’s Gerald Henderson was trying to go baseline and Richardson was playing physical defense on him. Richardson was called for a foul and after the whistle Henderson and Richardson went chest-to-chest jawing at each other.

Then Richardson did a two-hand shove to the face of Henderson. It was blatant. Richardson was ejected, Henderson got a technical

1. rapmusicmademedoit - Apr 7, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Q became a punk after he left New York.

• fanoredsox - Apr 7, 2011 at 6:57 PM

He already was a punk. I hate to say it , but the NBA seems to employ the worst people of all of the professional sports leagues. I believe that the down trend in attendance and merchandising is caused less by the economy and more from the attitudes and behaviors of it’s players. The players have a reputation for being thugs and overly shallow and overpaid idiots (white, black or whatever). I used to love the NBA, but the era for decent players with decent morals (I say decent because no one is perfect) is long gone. I think the owners would be better off to collude with each and lock the players out for at least two seasons just to prove to them that they live a pretty lucky lifestyle and they are NOT entitled to make millions and hold the owners hostage for playing a childhood game. Just because they won the genetic lottery doesn’t mean that we should all have to kiss their asses!

• Kurt Helin - Apr 7, 2011 at 8:05 PM

fanoredsox, for the record both attendance and merchandise sales have gone up this season and last. Also, television ratings are at the highest levels since the Jordan era.

And do we really want to get into the morals of baseball players?

• fanoredsox - Apr 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I agree with you Kurt that attendance and “Some” sales have increased, but I believe that is largely in part to the economy starting to slowly recover and diehard fans being able (or if you live in Florida like I do… FORTUNATE ENOUGH) to purchase these products again. I look at the television ratings and think, Do I want to watch the bachelor or the Grizz at the Clippers? I still take the game (LOL!) I do however, agree that baseball players are not much, if they are any better at all. My daughter is three years old and calls the Yankees the “Skankies”! I think a three year old just summed up pro sports in a nutshell!

• denverhoopdreams - Apr 7, 2011 at 7:28 PM

There wont be a precedent set here though.

2. thestudiokida - Apr 7, 2011 at 7:45 PM

He should have said rap music made him do it! I blame GTAIV for all my crimes.

• fanoredsox - Apr 7, 2011 at 8:19 PM

That’s a GREAT idea. LOL! I love it!

3. mook1987 - Apr 8, 2011 at 11:32 AM

ger,,,, cmon… sit him down
    ger ger ger

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches