Apr 7, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT
Orlando did some bargain shopping, stopping by the two-for-one suspension sale the NBA League Office was throwing.
Orlando’s Quentin Richardson has been suspended two games for a two-and shove to the face of Jason Richardson in the fourth quarter Wednesday night. He will sit out Sunday against Chicago and Monday against the 76ers, the league announced.
With 8:30 remaining in the fourth quarter Wednesday, Charlotte’s Gerald Henderson was trying to go baseline and Richardson was playing physical defense on him. Richardson was called for a foul and after the whistle Henderson and Richardson went chest-to-chest jawing at each other.
Then Richardson did a two-hand shove to the face of Henderson. It was blatant. Richardson was ejected, Henderson got a technical
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 23
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 61
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2