Apr 6, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
First things first: Yes, Darko Milicic has a championship ring.
Mock him if you want, but he was a rookie on a veteran Pistons team in the 2004 season and he wasn’t playing much (just 34 games). He played a total of 14 minutes in the playoffs and was a human victory cigar.
He still was part of the team, he gets a ring.
And it can be yours.
Following in the footsteps of Ron Artest, Darko is raffling off his ring for charity (via Ball Don’t Lie). The online charity raffle will benefit the Zorana and Darko Milicic Fund for Children with Life Threatening Diseases.
But not only does the winner get the ring, he or she gets tickets to a 2011 NBA finals game, airfare to and two nights hotel in whatever city the game is in, $500 spending cash, an autographed Darko jersey — and they are covering the taxes on the prize.
Darko’s fund helps Serbian hospitals conducting medical research on Batten’s disease, a terminal condition that affects young children. It’s about as worthy a cause as you’re going to find. Raffle tickets are just $2 each (but you have to buy at least five).
That’s a lot of potential prizes for a $10 investment (and you know the money is going to something worthy). If you have the money to spend, consider this.
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 0
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 6
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 9
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 43