Apr 6, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
First things first: Yes, Darko Milicic has a championship ring.
Mock him if you want, but he was a rookie on a veteran Pistons team in the 2004 season and he wasn’t playing much (just 34 games). He played a total of 14 minutes in the playoffs and was a human victory cigar.
He still was part of the team, he gets a ring.
And it can be yours.
Following in the footsteps of Ron Artest, Darko is raffling off his ring for charity (via Ball Don’t Lie). The online charity raffle will benefit the Zorana and Darko Milicic Fund for Children with Life Threatening Diseases.
But not only does the winner get the ring, he or she gets tickets to a 2011 NBA finals game, airfare to and two nights hotel in whatever city the game is in, $500 spending cash, an autographed Darko jersey — and they are covering the taxes on the prize.
Darko’s fund helps Serbian hospitals conducting medical research on Batten’s disease, a terminal condition that affects young children. It’s about as worthy a cause as you’re going to find. Raffle tickets are just $2 each (but you have to buy at least five).
That’s a lot of potential prizes for a $10 investment (and you know the money is going to something worthy). If you have the money to spend, consider this.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16