Apr 6, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Heat coach Erik Spolestra has announced that shooting guard Dwayne Wade will miss tonight’s Heat-Bucks game due to a sore thigh. Three-point marksman James Jones will start in Wade’s place.
Jones obviously can’t replace Wade, but the Heat do play well when he is in the starting lineup — Mike Bibby, Udonis Haslem, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas are the only other non-big three players to have a positive net +/- for the Heat this season.
The Heat have almost no chance of wrestling the #1 spot in the East from the Chicago Bulls, but they are currently in a close race with the Boston Celtics for the #2 spot in the conference. The Heat’s opponent on Wednesday, the Milwaukee Bucks, have lost three of their last seven games.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32