Apr 6, 2011, 6:55 PM EST
Heat coach Erik Spolestra has announced that shooting guard Dwayne Wade will miss tonight’s Heat-Bucks game due to a sore thigh. Three-point marksman James Jones will start in Wade’s place.
Jones obviously can’t replace Wade, but the Heat do play well when he is in the starting lineup — Mike Bibby, Udonis Haslem, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas are the only other non-big three players to have a positive net +/- for the Heat this season.
The Heat have almost no chance of wrestling the #1 spot in the East from the Chicago Bulls, but they are currently in a close race with the Boston Celtics for the #2 spot in the conference. The Heat’s opponent on Wednesday, the Milwaukee Bucks, have lost three of their last seven games.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 8
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13