Apr 6, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Heat coach Erik Spolestra has announced that shooting guard Dwayne Wade will miss tonight’s Heat-Bucks game due to a sore thigh. Three-point marksman James Jones will start in Wade’s place.
Jones obviously can’t replace Wade, but the Heat do play well when he is in the starting lineup — Mike Bibby, Udonis Haslem, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas are the only other non-big three players to have a positive net +/- for the Heat this season.
The Heat have almost no chance of wrestling the #1 spot in the East from the Chicago Bulls, but they are currently in a close race with the Boston Celtics for the #2 spot in the conference. The Heat’s opponent on Wednesday, the Milwaukee Bucks, have lost three of their last seven games.
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 9
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31