Apr 6, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Heat coach Erik Spolestra has announced that shooting guard Dwayne Wade will miss tonight’s Heat-Bucks game due to a sore thigh. Three-point marksman James Jones will start in Wade’s place.
Jones obviously can’t replace Wade, but the Heat do play well when he is in the starting lineup — Mike Bibby, Udonis Haslem, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas are the only other non-big three players to have a positive net +/- for the Heat this season.
The Heat have almost no chance of wrestling the #1 spot in the East from the Chicago Bulls, but they are currently in a close race with the Boston Celtics for the #2 spot in the conference. The Heat’s opponent on Wednesday, the Milwaukee Bucks, have lost three of their last seven games.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15