Apr 6, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Heat coach Erik Spolestra has announced that shooting guard Dwayne Wade will miss tonight’s Heat-Bucks game due to a sore thigh. Three-point marksman James Jones will start in Wade’s place.
Jones obviously can’t replace Wade, but the Heat do play well when he is in the starting lineup — Mike Bibby, Udonis Haslem, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas are the only other non-big three players to have a positive net +/- for the Heat this season.
The Heat have almost no chance of wrestling the #1 spot in the East from the Chicago Bulls, but they are currently in a close race with the Boston Celtics for the #2 spot in the conference. The Heat’s opponent on Wednesday, the Milwaukee Bucks, have lost three of their last seven games.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 8
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 5
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3