Apr 6, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
According to Aaron J. Lopez of Nuggets.com, Nuggets center Timofey Mozgov is expected to miss the next the next 10-14 days with knee and ankle sprains.
Mosgov, who the Nuggets received as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade, has played spot minutes since being traded. In March, Mosgov averaged 2.6 points and 1.8 rebounds in six minutes per game. Mosgov did play 15 minutes against the Lakers’ hulking frontline, which is the most minutes he’s played since he was traded. Mosgov played 0 minutes in the Nuggets’ win over the San Antonio Spurs.
Mosgov could help the Nuggets in the first round, but with the playoff rotation expected to tighten, his loss shouldn’t cripple the Nuggets’ hopes of winning their opening-round series. If the Nuggets do end up meeting the Lakers and Mosgov isn’t 100%, they could miss him, but there’s a LOT of basketball to be played before it’s time to be thinking about that matchup.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18