Apr 6, 2011, 6:37 PM EST
According to Aaron J. Lopez of Nuggets.com, Nuggets center Timofey Mozgov is expected to miss the next the next 10-14 days with knee and ankle sprains.
Mosgov, who the Nuggets received as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade, has played spot minutes since being traded. In March, Mosgov averaged 2.6 points and 1.8 rebounds in six minutes per game. Mosgov did play 15 minutes against the Lakers’ hulking frontline, which is the most minutes he’s played since he was traded. Mosgov played 0 minutes in the Nuggets’ win over the San Antonio Spurs.
Mosgov could help the Nuggets in the first round, but with the playoff rotation expected to tighten, his loss shouldn’t cripple the Nuggets’ hopes of winning their opening-round series. If the Nuggets do end up meeting the Lakers and Mosgov isn’t 100%, they could miss him, but there’s a LOT of basketball to be played before it’s time to be thinking about that matchup.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 17
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6