Apr 6, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
According to Aaron J. Lopez of Nuggets.com, Nuggets center Timofey Mozgov is expected to miss the next the next 10-14 days with knee and ankle sprains.
Mosgov, who the Nuggets received as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade, has played spot minutes since being traded. In March, Mosgov averaged 2.6 points and 1.8 rebounds in six minutes per game. Mosgov did play 15 minutes against the Lakers’ hulking frontline, which is the most minutes he’s played since he was traded. Mosgov played 0 minutes in the Nuggets’ win over the San Antonio Spurs.
Mosgov could help the Nuggets in the first round, but with the playoff rotation expected to tighten, his loss shouldn’t cripple the Nuggets’ hopes of winning their opening-round series. If the Nuggets do end up meeting the Lakers and Mosgov isn’t 100%, they could miss him, but there’s a LOT of basketball to be played before it’s time to be thinking about that matchup.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61