Apr 6, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
According to Aaron J. Lopez of Nuggets.com, Nuggets center Timofey Mozgov is expected to miss the next the next 10-14 days with knee and ankle sprains.
Mosgov, who the Nuggets received as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade, has played spot minutes since being traded. In March, Mosgov averaged 2.6 points and 1.8 rebounds in six minutes per game. Mosgov did play 15 minutes against the Lakers’ hulking frontline, which is the most minutes he’s played since he was traded. Mosgov played 0 minutes in the Nuggets’ win over the San Antonio Spurs.
Mosgov could help the Nuggets in the first round, but with the playoff rotation expected to tighten, his loss shouldn’t cripple the Nuggets’ hopes of winning their opening-round series. If the Nuggets do end up meeting the Lakers and Mosgov isn’t 100%, they could miss him, but there’s a LOT of basketball to be played before it’s time to be thinking about that matchup.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4