Apr 6, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
According to Aaron J. Lopez of Nuggets.com, Nuggets center Timofey Mozgov is expected to miss the next the next 10-14 days with knee and ankle sprains.
Mosgov, who the Nuggets received as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade, has played spot minutes since being traded. In March, Mosgov averaged 2.6 points and 1.8 rebounds in six minutes per game. Mosgov did play 15 minutes against the Lakers’ hulking frontline, which is the most minutes he’s played since he was traded. Mosgov played 0 minutes in the Nuggets’ win over the San Antonio Spurs.
Mosgov could help the Nuggets in the first round, but with the playoff rotation expected to tighten, his loss shouldn’t cripple the Nuggets’ hopes of winning their opening-round series. If the Nuggets do end up meeting the Lakers and Mosgov isn’t 100%, they could miss him, but there’s a LOT of basketball to be played before it’s time to be thinking about that matchup.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 15
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4