Apr 6, 2011, 3:24 PM EDT
Remember yesterday when we told you that five key Washington Wizards were done for the rest of the season? (Of course you do, you commit every story here to memory. What else have you got to do?)
According to a source with knowledge of the situation, the Wizards will look to sign Larry Owens from the NBA Development League. Owens, a 6-foot-7 forward, averaged 12.4 points and 5.0 rebounds with the Tulsa 76ers and also scored a total of nine points in seven games for the San Antonio Spurs this season.
Good news for Owens and Jeffers, who has earned the cup of coffee in the bigs.
Bad news for someone on the Wizards because someone has to be cut to make room for Owens. That probably will be Cartier Martin, Lee suggests. Martin is done for the season with a fracture in his foot.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 9
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 5
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 51
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20