Apr 6, 2011, 3:24 PM EDT
Remember yesterday when we told you that five key Washington Wizards were done for the rest of the season? (Of course you do, you commit every story here to memory. What else have you got to do?)
According to a source with knowledge of the situation, the Wizards will look to sign Larry Owens from the NBA Development League. Owens, a 6-foot-7 forward, averaged 12.4 points and 5.0 rebounds with the Tulsa 76ers and also scored a total of nine points in seven games for the San Antonio Spurs this season.
Good news for Owens and Jeffers, who has earned the cup of coffee in the bigs.
Bad news for someone on the Wizards because someone has to be cut to make room for Owens. That probably will be Cartier Martin, Lee suggests. Martin is done for the season with a fracture in his foot.
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 3
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 14
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 9