Apr 6, 2011, 3:24 PM EDT
Remember yesterday when we told you that five key Washington Wizards were done for the rest of the season? (Of course you do, you commit every story here to memory. What else have you got to do?)
According to a source with knowledge of the situation, the Wizards will look to sign Larry Owens from the NBA Development League. Owens, a 6-foot-7 forward, averaged 12.4 points and 5.0 rebounds with the Tulsa 76ers and also scored a total of nine points in seven games for the San Antonio Spurs this season.
Good news for Owens and Jeffers, who has earned the cup of coffee in the bigs.
Bad news for someone on the Wizards because someone has to be cut to make room for Owens. That probably will be Cartier Martin, Lee suggests. Martin is done for the season with a fracture in his foot.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4