Apr 6, 2011, 3:24 PM EDT
Remember yesterday when we told you that five key Washington Wizards were done for the rest of the season? (Of course you do, you commit every story here to memory. What else have you got to do?)
According to a source with knowledge of the situation, the Wizards will look to sign Larry Owens from the NBA Development League. Owens, a 6-foot-7 forward, averaged 12.4 points and 5.0 rebounds with the Tulsa 76ers and also scored a total of nine points in seven games for the San Antonio Spurs this season.
Good news for Owens and Jeffers, who has earned the cup of coffee in the bigs.
Bad news for someone on the Wizards because someone has to be cut to make room for Owens. That probably will be Cartier Martin, Lee suggests. Martin is done for the season with a fracture in his foot.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 6
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?