Apr 6, 2011, 9:37 PM EST
From the AP:
Henderson was trying to dribble out of pressure early in the fourth quarter of a tight game Wednesday night when Richardson was called for a foul. Apparently upset over an elbow from Henderson earlier in the play, Richardson confronted Henderson and appeared to poke him in his right eye.
Henderson shoved him to get away before Richardson put both open hands on Henderson’s face and jerked his head backward.
The incident occurred with 8:30 remaining in the fourth quarter. At the time of the incident, the Bobcats were leading the Magic by two points. The game ended up going to overtime. If Dwight Howard‘s 18th technical is not overturned, he will not be available for the Magic’s game against the Chicago Bulls, so Orlando fans have to be hoping that Richardson won’t be suspended by the NBA for the shove.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11