Apr 6, 2011, 9:37 PM EDT
From the AP:
Henderson was trying to dribble out of pressure early in the fourth quarter of a tight game Wednesday night when Richardson was called for a foul. Apparently upset over an elbow from Henderson earlier in the play, Richardson confronted Henderson and appeared to poke him in his right eye.
Henderson shoved him to get away before Richardson put both open hands on Henderson’s face and jerked his head backward.
The incident occurred with 8:30 remaining in the fourth quarter. At the time of the incident, the Bobcats were leading the Magic by two points. The game ended up going to overtime. If Dwight Howard‘s 18th technical is not overturned, he will not be available for the Magic’s game against the Chicago Bulls, so Orlando fans have to be hoping that Richardson won’t be suspended by the NBA for the shove.
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 0
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 7
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 35
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6