Apr 6, 2011, 9:37 PM EDT
From the AP:
Henderson was trying to dribble out of pressure early in the fourth quarter of a tight game Wednesday night when Richardson was called for a foul. Apparently upset over an elbow from Henderson earlier in the play, Richardson confronted Henderson and appeared to poke him in his right eye.
Henderson shoved him to get away before Richardson put both open hands on Henderson’s face and jerked his head backward.
The incident occurred with 8:30 remaining in the fourth quarter. At the time of the incident, the Bobcats were leading the Magic by two points. The game ended up going to overtime. If Dwight Howard‘s 18th technical is not overturned, he will not be available for the Magic’s game against the Chicago Bulls, so Orlando fans have to be hoping that Richardson won’t be suspended by the NBA for the shove.
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 12
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70