Apr 6, 2011, 9:37 PM EDT
From the AP:
Henderson was trying to dribble out of pressure early in the fourth quarter of a tight game Wednesday night when Richardson was called for a foul. Apparently upset over an elbow from Henderson earlier in the play, Richardson confronted Henderson and appeared to poke him in his right eye.
Henderson shoved him to get away before Richardson put both open hands on Henderson’s face and jerked his head backward.
The incident occurred with 8:30 remaining in the fourth quarter. At the time of the incident, the Bobcats were leading the Magic by two points. The game ended up going to overtime. If Dwight Howard‘s 18th technical is not overturned, he will not be available for the Magic’s game against the Chicago Bulls, so Orlando fans have to be hoping that Richardson won’t be suspended by the NBA for the shove.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28