Apr 6, 2011, 9:37 PM EDT
From the AP:
Henderson was trying to dribble out of pressure early in the fourth quarter of a tight game Wednesday night when Richardson was called for a foul. Apparently upset over an elbow from Henderson earlier in the play, Richardson confronted Henderson and appeared to poke him in his right eye.
Henderson shoved him to get away before Richardson put both open hands on Henderson’s face and jerked his head backward.
The incident occurred with 8:30 remaining in the fourth quarter. At the time of the incident, the Bobcats were leading the Magic by two points. The game ended up going to overtime. If Dwight Howard‘s 18th technical is not overturned, he will not be available for the Magic’s game against the Chicago Bulls, so Orlando fans have to be hoping that Richardson won’t be suspended by the NBA for the shove.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49