Apr 6, 2011, 2:50 PM EST
Derrick Rose wouldn’t be Derrick Rose without his swagger. His confidence.
So it shouldn’t be a shock that when asked if the Bulls — who have yet to get out of the first round — can suddenly jump to winning to winning a title, his response was yes. From the Waddle and Silvy show on ESPN Radio Chicago (via Sports Radio Interviews):
“I think that we can. I’ve been on teams where they always say that we’re too young and inexperienced and we made it pretty far. Last two years I was in the league, we went to the playoffs when nobody thought we were going to make it. In college, we made it to the championship game when no one thought we’d make it so why can’t we win the Championship?”
Rose played this well, but what else is he going to say? “Hey, I’m not sure we can get out of the second round.” You don’t want him thinking that, let alone saying it. Rose also says he doesn’t care who they face. He probably should, he probably does, but again what else is he going to say?
The Bulls defend well, which makes them title contenders. Their offense has been better in recent weeks, but will it be good enough against the better defenses deeper in the playoffs is the question. Rose will have to answer that one with more than words.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Vintage Dwyane Wade sighting 0
- Heat come from 15 down to even season series with Pacers 21
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 11
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 6
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)