Apr 6, 2011, 2:50 PM EST
Derrick Rose wouldn’t be Derrick Rose without his swagger. His confidence.
So it shouldn’t be a shock that when asked if the Bulls — who have yet to get out of the first round — can suddenly jump to winning to winning a title, his response was yes. From the Waddle and Silvy show on ESPN Radio Chicago (via Sports Radio Interviews):
“I think that we can. I’ve been on teams where they always say that we’re too young and inexperienced and we made it pretty far. Last two years I was in the league, we went to the playoffs when nobody thought we were going to make it. In college, we made it to the championship game when no one thought we’d make it so why can’t we win the Championship?”
Rose played this well, but what else is he going to say? “Hey, I’m not sure we can get out of the second round.” You don’t want him thinking that, let alone saying it. Rose also says he doesn’t care who they face. He probably should, he probably does, but again what else is he going to say?
The Bulls defend well, which makes them title contenders. Their offense has been better in recent weeks, but will it be good enough against the better defenses deeper in the playoffs is the question. Rose will have to answer that one with more than words.
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 1
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 5
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5