Apr 6, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
Grant Hill is about the least offensive guy in the NBA. Even Jalen Rose gets along with him now. Hill doesn’t trash talk, was an elite player, has fought back from devastating ankle injuries to be a key player again, and David Stern loves him because he doesn’t scare the rich corporate CEOs in the luxury boxes.
But apparently Hill offends one Bulls fan who couldn’t contain himself after the Bulls win over Phoenix Tuesday, Paul Coro relates in the Arizona Republic.
As Hill left the floor after the game, he was held back from a fan who he said cursed and spit at him.
“He said some profanity and spit in my direction,” Hill said. “I’m not going to let somebody spit at me. He knew he did wrong because he took off running.”
Hill was held back by security, who caught the fan.
“I just saw the anger in his face,” (Vince) Carter said. “When you see Grant like that, you know something’s up. Grant doesn’t say anything to anybody. He competes and does his job.”
I’m not going to let one idiot Bulls fan color the entire fanbase, Chicago is a great city with great sports fans… but seriously, Grant Hill? Chicago, you’ve got to stop opening up the doors to the asylum.
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 20
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70