Apr 6, 2011, 1:55 PM EST
Grant Hill is about the least offensive guy in the NBA. Even Jalen Rose gets along with him now. Hill doesn’t trash talk, was an elite player, has fought back from devastating ankle injuries to be a key player again, and David Stern loves him because he doesn’t scare the rich corporate CEOs in the luxury boxes.
But apparently Hill offends one Bulls fan who couldn’t contain himself after the Bulls win over Phoenix Tuesday, Paul Coro relates in the Arizona Republic.
As Hill left the floor after the game, he was held back from a fan who he said cursed and spit at him.
“He said some profanity and spit in my direction,” Hill said. “I’m not going to let somebody spit at me. He knew he did wrong because he took off running.”
Hill was held back by security, who caught the fan.
“I just saw the anger in his face,” (Vince) Carter said. “When you see Grant like that, you know something’s up. Grant doesn’t say anything to anybody. He competes and does his job.”
I’m not going to let one idiot Bulls fan color the entire fanbase, Chicago is a great city with great sports fans… but seriously, Grant Hill? Chicago, you’ve got to stop opening up the doors to the asylum.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 4
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8