Apr 6, 2011, 5:36 PM EDT
- “The LeBrons” is available for free on the internet, and doesn’t have any commercial breaks. How does it pay for itself? Blatant product placement! In the first episode, Nike, HP, Beats By Dre, and Bing all had logos prominently featured in the show, and Gucci was mentioned favorably.
- “Business LeBron” is the only LeBron voiced by LeBron, and the show seems to be extremely ambivalent about him. This should come as no surprise, as Business LeBron did once state that “dunk contests are bourgeois,” which is the most bizarre sports ad quote ever. Business LeBron is a narcissist that flaunts his money, and serves as an antagonist in the plot of the pilot episode, which suggests that he is the villain of the series. However, the series does seem to have a strange form of compassion for Business LeBron.
- Kid LeBron, not Athlete LeBron, is the protagonist of the story. It is unclear what his relation to the other LeBrons is. Is Wise LeBron the Patriarch? Are Business and Athlete LeBrons like uncles or brothers? Who is raising Kid LeBron?
- Why yes, the pilot episode did feature an homage to the “Ear Scene” from Reservoir Dogs with a lion and a bulldog. I am not making that up.
- Overall, the show could have been worse — it isn’t life-changing, but it’s well-spirited and reasonably funny at times, although some of that is offset by the inherent ridiculousness.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90