Apr 6, 2011, 5:36 PM EDT
- “The LeBrons” is available for free on the internet, and doesn’t have any commercial breaks. How does it pay for itself? Blatant product placement! In the first episode, Nike, HP, Beats By Dre, and Bing all had logos prominently featured in the show, and Gucci was mentioned favorably.
- “Business LeBron” is the only LeBron voiced by LeBron, and the show seems to be extremely ambivalent about him. This should come as no surprise, as Business LeBron did once state that “dunk contests are bourgeois,” which is the most bizarre sports ad quote ever. Business LeBron is a narcissist that flaunts his money, and serves as an antagonist in the plot of the pilot episode, which suggests that he is the villain of the series. However, the series does seem to have a strange form of compassion for Business LeBron.
- Kid LeBron, not Athlete LeBron, is the protagonist of the story. It is unclear what his relation to the other LeBrons is. Is Wise LeBron the Patriarch? Are Business and Athlete LeBrons like uncles or brothers? Who is raising Kid LeBron?
- Why yes, the pilot episode did feature an homage to the “Ear Scene” from Reservoir Dogs with a lion and a bulldog. I am not making that up.
- Overall, the show could have been worse — it isn’t life-changing, but it’s well-spirited and reasonably funny at times, although some of that is offset by the inherent ridiculousness.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars