Apr 5, 2011, 10:51 PM EST
We don’t know an official, final diagnosis — sometimes these things are not as bad as they look. And for Timofey Mozgov we hope that is true.
Denver center Mozgov had to be helped off the court after suffering a knee injury late in the first quarter Tuesday night. The Thunder’s Nick Collison fell taking a charge and in doing so rolled up Mozgov’s leg from the side. His left knee and ankle were injured.
Mozgov did not return to the game and it is officially being called a knee sprain.
Watch the video. Maybe it’s just a sprain, but the MRI could show something worse.
Mozgov had not seen a lot of minutes because George Karl has preferred a smaller lineup with the second unit (and Nene getting the starters minutes), but he had his best game playing against the Lakers Sunday, where his size was needed (Chris Anderson is out for Denver). It might be needed again in the playoffs. If he can go.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5