Apr 5, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
We don’t know an official, final diagnosis — sometimes these things are not as bad as they look. And for Timofey Mozgov we hope that is true.
Denver center Mozgov had to be helped off the court after suffering a knee injury late in the first quarter Tuesday night. The Thunder’s Nick Collison fell taking a charge and in doing so rolled up Mozgov’s leg from the side. His left knee and ankle were injured.
Mozgov did not return to the game and it is officially being called a knee sprain.
Watch the video. Maybe it’s just a sprain, but the MRI could show something worse.
Mozgov had not seen a lot of minutes because George Karl has preferred a smaller lineup with the second unit (and Nene getting the starters minutes), but he had his best game playing against the Lakers Sunday, where his size was needed (Chris Anderson is out for Denver). It might be needed again in the playoffs. If he can go.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4