Apr 5, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
Laker fans can exhale: According to Dave McMenamin of ESPN Los Angeles, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum are both expected to play in tonight’s game against the Utah Jazz. Gasol suffered a bone bruise on his right knee after a collision with the Nuggets’ Nene, and Bynum’s right knee collided with Lamar Odom in the same game.
Gasol suffered a bone bruise but says he’s fine to play, and Bynum says that the brace he wears on his knee protected him from injury. The Lakers have recalled Derrick Character from the Bakersfield Jam as an “insurance policy” just in case.
The Lakers’ loss to the Nuggets was only their second loss since the All-Star break. With six games remaining in the season, the Lakers trail the San Antonio Spurs by 2.5 games for the top spot in the Western Conference.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 10
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29