Apr 5, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Maybe, for once, it’s not James Dolan screwing up the Knicks.
We’re not sold on that — we will assume he is until proven otherwise, remember Dolan pushed to make sure the Carmelo Anthony deal happened no matter how many players went West — but maybe not everything is his fault.
Maybe team President Donnie Walsh does not come back to the Knicks because at age 70 and after health issues (cancer, hip surgeries), he doesn’t want to. We bring you this food for thought from the New York Post.
With the option on the final year of his contract coming up April 30 for owner James Dolan to exercise, it remains to be seen if Walsh returns.
However, two league sources say they believe it is up to Walsh, 70, on whether he comes back next season.
One of those sources said money was a non-issue, but Walsh had a difficult decision to make as to whether he wanted to return or felt his work at the Garden was complete.
The Knicks made the playoffs and are out of the financial hole that was the Isiah Thomas era. But I don’t think Walsh sees this as complete. Better, now with a foundation to really build on, but not complete. You have to think Dolan still holds the keys, but maybe Walsh coming back needs to be a two-way discussion.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6