Apr 5, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Maybe, for once, it’s not James Dolan screwing up the Knicks.
We’re not sold on that — we will assume he is until proven otherwise, remember Dolan pushed to make sure the Carmelo Anthony deal happened no matter how many players went West — but maybe not everything is his fault.
Maybe team President Donnie Walsh does not come back to the Knicks because at age 70 and after health issues (cancer, hip surgeries), he doesn’t want to. We bring you this food for thought from the New York Post.
With the option on the final year of his contract coming up April 30 for owner James Dolan to exercise, it remains to be seen if Walsh returns.
However, two league sources say they believe it is up to Walsh, 70, on whether he comes back next season.
One of those sources said money was a non-issue, but Walsh had a difficult decision to make as to whether he wanted to return or felt his work at the Garden was complete.
The Knicks made the playoffs and are out of the financial hole that was the Isiah Thomas era. But I don’t think Walsh sees this as complete. Better, now with a foundation to really build on, but not complete. You have to think Dolan still holds the keys, but maybe Walsh coming back needs to be a two-way discussion.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 6
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4