Apr 4, 2011, 1:44 PM EDT
The Sixers — the one team in the bottom half of the East standings that can make a real series out of the first round — are not the same without Lou Williams off the bench.
He is the best one-on-one player that team has. Sorry Iggy. But if the game is on the line with 10 seconds left I want Williams to be the guy creating the shot. He creates matchup challenges against second units. He is also good at setting up teammates and rarely turns it over. He is 13.4 important points per game.
The Sixers better hope he gets back, too.
Philly is currently the six seed in the East but just 1.5 games ahead of the Knicks (one in the loss column) for the seven spot. They will get Miami or Boston in the first round and can make that series miserable for one of them. But only if they have Williams coming off the bench.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36