Apr 4, 2011, 1:44 PM EDT
The Sixers — the one team in the bottom half of the East standings that can make a real series out of the first round — are not the same without Lou Williams off the bench.
He is the best one-on-one player that team has. Sorry Iggy. But if the game is on the line with 10 seconds left I want Williams to be the guy creating the shot. He creates matchup challenges against second units. He is also good at setting up teammates and rarely turns it over. He is 13.4 important points per game.
The Sixers better hope he gets back, too.
Philly is currently the six seed in the East but just 1.5 games ahead of the Knicks (one in the loss column) for the seven spot. They will get Miami or Boston in the first round and can make that series miserable for one of them. But only if they have Williams coming off the bench.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15