Apr 4, 2011, 1:44 PM EST
The Sixers — the one team in the bottom half of the East standings that can make a real series out of the first round — are not the same without Lou Williams off the bench.
He is the best one-on-one player that team has. Sorry Iggy. But if the game is on the line with 10 seconds left I want Williams to be the guy creating the shot. He creates matchup challenges against second units. He is also good at setting up teammates and rarely turns it over. He is 13.4 important points per game.
The Sixers better hope he gets back, too.
Philly is currently the six seed in the East but just 1.5 games ahead of the Knicks (one in the loss column) for the seven spot. They will get Miami or Boston in the first round and can make that series miserable for one of them. But only if they have Williams coming off the bench.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 0
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 5
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29