Apr 4, 2011, 1:44 PM EDT
The Sixers — the one team in the bottom half of the East standings that can make a real series out of the first round — are not the same without Lou Williams off the bench.
He is the best one-on-one player that team has. Sorry Iggy. But if the game is on the line with 10 seconds left I want Williams to be the guy creating the shot. He creates matchup challenges against second units. He is also good at setting up teammates and rarely turns it over. He is 13.4 important points per game.
The Sixers better hope he gets back, too.
Philly is currently the six seed in the East but just 1.5 games ahead of the Knicks (one in the loss column) for the seven spot. They will get Miami or Boston in the first round and can make that series miserable for one of them. But only if they have Williams coming off the bench.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32