Apr 4, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
It’s just a calf strain. It’s not the Achilles that kept Shaquille O’Neil out for more than month. What happened to Shaq on Sunday was just a calf strain. Everyone kept saying that (especially Celtics fans). Still, Celtics players were a little down.
Then came good news from Doc Rivers today that Shaq could be back sooner rather than later, via WEEI.
“He may play at the end of the week,” said Rivers following Monday’s practice, which included every player except O’Neal. “We’re just not sure yet. If that’s what it requires. We’re going to do whatever they tell us is required. Other than that, I would love to play him, honestly, a couple of game.”
Boston plays Friday (Wizards), Sunday (at Heat), Monday (at Wizards) then finish with the Knicks next Wednesday. Getting Shaq back for some run in any of those games would be a plus.
He looked good in the six minutes he was out there. But it was just six minutes.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 1
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 1
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 9
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 11
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13