Apr 4, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
It’s just a calf strain. It’s not the Achilles that kept Shaquille O’Neil out for more than month. What happened to Shaq on Sunday was just a calf strain. Everyone kept saying that (especially Celtics fans). Still, Celtics players were a little down.
Then came good news from Doc Rivers today that Shaq could be back sooner rather than later, via WEEI.
“He may play at the end of the week,” said Rivers following Monday’s practice, which included every player except O’Neal. “We’re just not sure yet. If that’s what it requires. We’re going to do whatever they tell us is required. Other than that, I would love to play him, honestly, a couple of game.”
Boston plays Friday (Wizards), Sunday (at Heat), Monday (at Wizards) then finish with the Knicks next Wednesday. Getting Shaq back for some run in any of those games would be a plus.
He looked good in the six minutes he was out there. But it was just six minutes.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48