Apr 4, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
It’s just a calf strain. It’s not the Achilles that kept Shaquille O’Neil out for more than month. What happened to Shaq on Sunday was just a calf strain. Everyone kept saying that (especially Celtics fans). Still, Celtics players were a little down.
Then came good news from Doc Rivers today that Shaq could be back sooner rather than later, via WEEI.
“He may play at the end of the week,” said Rivers following Monday’s practice, which included every player except O’Neal. “We’re just not sure yet. If that’s what it requires. We’re going to do whatever they tell us is required. Other than that, I would love to play him, honestly, a couple of game.”
Boston plays Friday (Wizards), Sunday (at Heat), Monday (at Wizards) then finish with the Knicks next Wednesday. Getting Shaq back for some run in any of those games would be a plus.
He looked good in the six minutes he was out there. But it was just six minutes.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 0
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31