Apr 4, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
It’s just a calf strain. It’s not the Achilles that kept Shaquille O’Neil out for more than month. What happened to Shaq on Sunday was just a calf strain. Everyone kept saying that (especially Celtics fans). Still, Celtics players were a little down.
Then came good news from Doc Rivers today that Shaq could be back sooner rather than later, via WEEI.
“He may play at the end of the week,” said Rivers following Monday’s practice, which included every player except O’Neal. “We’re just not sure yet. If that’s what it requires. We’re going to do whatever they tell us is required. Other than that, I would love to play him, honestly, a couple of game.”
Boston plays Friday (Wizards), Sunday (at Heat), Monday (at Wizards) then finish with the Knicks next Wednesday. Getting Shaq back for some run in any of those games would be a plus.
He looked good in the six minutes he was out there. But it was just six minutes.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 12
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 13