Apr 4, 2011, 9:01 AM EDT
You would think after this season every Piston player had to be benched for insubordination for a game. Sunday was Rodney Stuckey’s turn, apparently.
Pistons coach John Kuester benched Stuckey for the Pistons beat down at the hands of the Celtics Sunday as punishment for refusing to enter the game at one point Friday night, according to the Detroit News.
Friday night Stuckey was pulled for Tayshaun Prince with six minutes remaining, then a couple minutes later refused to re-enter the game. His comments after the game Sunday the Detroit News pretty much summed up this season in Detroit.
After Sunday’s game, Stuckey repeatedly said “there are six games left.”
“That’s all I have to say,” said Stuckey when pressed about it. “Six games left. That’s it. I can survive for six games.”
Stuckey will be a restricted free agent this summer… at least he would have been under the current CBA. So the Pistons could match any offer under the old rules. Take your own guess as to what the new rules will be.
The Pistons have had a long season of player run ins with their coach. The team needs to do some housecleaning right now, but until the ownership situation is settled that isn’t likely to happen. So they keep limping along.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 24
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (90)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1