Apr 4, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
The MRI results are in and Pau Gasol has a bone bruise and is now listed as day-to-day, the team reports.
Gasol is expected to be at Lakers shootaround Tuesday before the team takes on Utah and his status for that night will be determined then. The Lakers also play at Golden State Wednesday and at Portland Friday.
Gasol injured his knee in the third quarter Sunday against Denver, going up for a dunk where he was fouled by Nene and landed awkwardly. Gasol left the game soon after and went to the locker room, but returned and played the fourth quarter.
Look for the Lakers to be cautious here, they need Gasol at 100 percent for the playoffs and they don’t want this to linger. Don’t be shocked if he misses at least a couple of games, maybe more.
Andrew Bynum also tweaked his knee in Sunday’s game but practiced fully on Monday and will play Tuesday night.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 1
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 4
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'