Apr 4, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
The MRI results are in and Pau Gasol has a bone bruise and is now listed as day-to-day, the team reports.
Gasol is expected to be at Lakers shootaround Tuesday before the team takes on Utah and his status for that night will be determined then. The Lakers also play at Golden State Wednesday and at Portland Friday.
Gasol injured his knee in the third quarter Sunday against Denver, going up for a dunk where he was fouled by Nene and landed awkwardly. Gasol left the game soon after and went to the locker room, but returned and played the fourth quarter.
Look for the Lakers to be cautious here, they need Gasol at 100 percent for the playoffs and they don’t want this to linger. Don’t be shocked if he misses at least a couple of games, maybe more.
Andrew Bynum also tweaked his knee in Sunday’s game but practiced fully on Monday and will play Tuesday night.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 0
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 17
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49