Apr 4, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
The MRI results are in and Pau Gasol has a bone bruise and is now listed as day-to-day, the team reports.
Gasol is expected to be at Lakers shootaround Tuesday before the team takes on Utah and his status for that night will be determined then. The Lakers also play at Golden State Wednesday and at Portland Friday.
Gasol injured his knee in the third quarter Sunday against Denver, going up for a dunk where he was fouled by Nene and landed awkwardly. Gasol left the game soon after and went to the locker room, but returned and played the fourth quarter.
Look for the Lakers to be cautious here, they need Gasol at 100 percent for the playoffs and they don’t want this to linger. Don’t be shocked if he misses at least a couple of games, maybe more.
Andrew Bynum also tweaked his knee in Sunday’s game but practiced fully on Monday and will play Tuesday night.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 4
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 7
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 11
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 4
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 37
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1