Apr 4, 2011, 8:53 PM EST
The MRI results are in and Pau Gasol has a bone bruise and is now listed as day-to-day, the team reports.
Gasol is expected to be at Lakers shootaround Tuesday before the team takes on Utah and his status for that night will be determined then. The Lakers also play at Golden State Wednesday and at Portland Friday.
Gasol injured his knee in the third quarter Sunday against Denver, going up for a dunk where he was fouled by Nene and landed awkwardly. Gasol left the game soon after and went to the locker room, but returned and played the fourth quarter.
Look for the Lakers to be cautious here, they need Gasol at 100 percent for the playoffs and they don’t want this to linger. Don’t be shocked if he misses at least a couple of games, maybe more.
Andrew Bynum also tweaked his knee in Sunday’s game but practiced fully on Monday and will play Tuesday night.
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 0
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 23
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 10
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)