Apr 4, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
Here’s an update on Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah, courtesy of ESPN Chicago’s Nick Friedell:
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah returned to practice Monday after being shelved for a week with an injured ankle.
“It feels a lot better,” Noah said. “Just going to get treatment. I was able to practice today and I’m excited for [Tuesday against the Phoenix Suns].
“I want to be out there all the time. Injuries are something that really suck. But it’s a part of it. Knowing how to deal with it, knowing when I’m able to say, ‘I can’t go,’ … it’s tough, but at the same time, this is a really exciting time period and I want to be out there.”
Noah has missed the last three games for the Bulls. While the Bulls went 3-0 in those games, the games were against the Timberwolves, Pistons, and Raptors. Overall, the Bulls are 26-8 in games that Noah has missed this season. Interestingly, Noah has one of the worst +/- ratings on the Bulls this season, although that statistic has more to do with Chicago’s superlative bench play and the inherent limitations of +/- than anything Noah has been doing wrong.
The Bulls are set to play the Suns on Tuesday — given Phoenix’s recent struggles, one imagines that the Bulls will err on the side of caution with regard to playing Noah.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 2
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 5
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14