Apr 4, 2011, 4:57 PM EST
Here’s an update on Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah, courtesy of ESPN Chicago’s Nick Friedell:
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah returned to practice Monday after being shelved for a week with an injured ankle.
“It feels a lot better,” Noah said. “Just going to get treatment. I was able to practice today and I’m excited for [Tuesday against the Phoenix Suns].
“I want to be out there all the time. Injuries are something that really suck. But it’s a part of it. Knowing how to deal with it, knowing when I’m able to say, ‘I can’t go,’ … it’s tough, but at the same time, this is a really exciting time period and I want to be out there.”
Noah has missed the last three games for the Bulls. While the Bulls went 3-0 in those games, the games were against the Timberwolves, Pistons, and Raptors. Overall, the Bulls are 26-8 in games that Noah has missed this season. Interestingly, Noah has one of the worst +/- ratings on the Bulls this season, although that statistic has more to do with Chicago’s superlative bench play and the inherent limitations of +/- than anything Noah has been doing wrong.
The Bulls are set to play the Suns on Tuesday — given Phoenix’s recent struggles, one imagines that the Bulls will err on the side of caution with regard to playing Noah.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 4
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20