Apr 4, 2011, 4:57 PM EST
Here’s an update on Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah, courtesy of ESPN Chicago’s Nick Friedell:
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah returned to practice Monday after being shelved for a week with an injured ankle.
“It feels a lot better,” Noah said. “Just going to get treatment. I was able to practice today and I’m excited for [Tuesday against the Phoenix Suns].
“I want to be out there all the time. Injuries are something that really suck. But it’s a part of it. Knowing how to deal with it, knowing when I’m able to say, ‘I can’t go,’ … it’s tough, but at the same time, this is a really exciting time period and I want to be out there.”
Noah has missed the last three games for the Bulls. While the Bulls went 3-0 in those games, the games were against the Timberwolves, Pistons, and Raptors. Overall, the Bulls are 26-8 in games that Noah has missed this season. Interestingly, Noah has one of the worst +/- ratings on the Bulls this season, although that statistic has more to do with Chicago’s superlative bench play and the inherent limitations of +/- than anything Noah has been doing wrong.
The Bulls are set to play the Suns on Tuesday — given Phoenix’s recent struggles, one imagines that the Bulls will err on the side of caution with regard to playing Noah.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7