Apr 4, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
Here’s an update on Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah, courtesy of ESPN Chicago’s Nick Friedell:
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah returned to practice Monday after being shelved for a week with an injured ankle.
“It feels a lot better,” Noah said. “Just going to get treatment. I was able to practice today and I’m excited for [Tuesday against the Phoenix Suns].
“I want to be out there all the time. Injuries are something that really suck. But it’s a part of it. Knowing how to deal with it, knowing when I’m able to say, ‘I can’t go,’ … it’s tough, but at the same time, this is a really exciting time period and I want to be out there.”
Noah has missed the last three games for the Bulls. While the Bulls went 3-0 in those games, the games were against the Timberwolves, Pistons, and Raptors. Overall, the Bulls are 26-8 in games that Noah has missed this season. Interestingly, Noah has one of the worst +/- ratings on the Bulls this season, although that statistic has more to do with Chicago’s superlative bench play and the inherent limitations of +/- than anything Noah has been doing wrong.
The Bulls are set to play the Suns on Tuesday — given Phoenix’s recent struggles, one imagines that the Bulls will err on the side of caution with regard to playing Noah.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- HBT: Angels' Trout hits for cycle against Mariners
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars