Apr 4, 2011, 4:05 PM EST
This post should be very popular in Utah.
You might have surmised the New Jersey had mentally packed it in for the season by their six-game losing streak, but they are also are physically beat up and now coach Avery Johnson is talking about shutting guys down for the season.
At this point, Brook Lopez is the only Net sure to start against Minnesota when they try to end a six-game losing streak.
Since the Nets are down so many bodies, Williams could continue to play for a little longer, but it would be surprising if he ended the season on the active roster. The same goes for Humphries and James.
“Both of those guys my idea was if they’re not back by Friday then we’ll have to take a long look at not bringing them back,” Johnson said.
Just remember that as part of the Williams trade, the Jazz have the Nets first round pick this year. So rack up the Ping-Pong balls for the Jazz, guys. (Yes, I know they don’t use lottery/Ping-Pong balls anymore, but “rack up a better percentage for the random number table used” doesn’t have the same ring.)
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)