Apr 4, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
This post should be very popular in Utah.
You might have surmised the New Jersey had mentally packed it in for the season by their six-game losing streak, but they are also are physically beat up and now coach Avery Johnson is talking about shutting guys down for the season.
At this point, Brook Lopez is the only Net sure to start against Minnesota when they try to end a six-game losing streak.
Since the Nets are down so many bodies, Williams could continue to play for a little longer, but it would be surprising if he ended the season on the active roster. The same goes for Humphries and James.
“Both of those guys my idea was if they’re not back by Friday then we’ll have to take a long look at not bringing them back,” Johnson said.
Just remember that as part of the Williams trade, the Jazz have the Nets first round pick this year. So rack up the Ping-Pong balls for the Jazz, guys. (Yes, I know they don’t use lottery/Ping-Pong balls anymore, but “rack up a better percentage for the random number table used” doesn’t have the same ring.)
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 36
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17