Apr 4, 2011, 10:48 PM EST
Well, you don’t see this every day. Thank God.
During All-Star Weekend Kobe did an interview with Chinese media (in the media interview/work room) pushing Sprite and some other products, and I don’t remember much because I was doing my very, very best to tune out the annoying interviews (eventually going to the Miles Davis Pandora channel and headphones). But I remember a few questions about Jay Chou and thinking “I don’t know who that is but Kobe could look pretty silly in a cheesy Chinese video.”
Well, here you go. This song is… look, I’m no musical expert, but it seems about as smooth as the first half of the NCAA title game between Butler and UConn. Kobe looks… well, he’s often not clutch in music videos, either. And only the guys at The Basketball Jones could find something like this.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (44)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)