Apr 4, 2011, 10:48 PM EST
Well, you don’t see this every day. Thank God.
During All-Star Weekend Kobe did an interview with Chinese media (in the media interview/work room) pushing Sprite and some other products, and I don’t remember much because I was doing my very, very best to tune out the annoying interviews (eventually going to the Miles Davis Pandora channel and headphones). But I remember a few questions about Jay Chou and thinking “I don’t know who that is but Kobe could look pretty silly in a cheesy Chinese video.”
Well, here you go. This song is… look, I’m no musical expert, but it seems about as smooth as the first half of the NCAA title game between Butler and UConn. Kobe looks… well, he’s often not clutch in music videos, either. And only the guys at The Basketball Jones could find something like this.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12