Apr 4, 2011, 10:48 PM EDT
Well, you don’t see this every day. Thank God.
During All-Star Weekend Kobe did an interview with Chinese media (in the media interview/work room) pushing Sprite and some other products, and I don’t remember much because I was doing my very, very best to tune out the annoying interviews (eventually going to the Miles Davis Pandora channel and headphones). But I remember a few questions about Jay Chou and thinking “I don’t know who that is but Kobe could look pretty silly in a cheesy Chinese video.”
Well, here you go. This song is… look, I’m no musical expert, but it seems about as smooth as the first half of the NCAA title game between Butler and UConn. Kobe looks… well, he’s often not clutch in music videos, either. And only the guys at The Basketball Jones could find something like this.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29