Apr 4, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Charlotte’s playoff chances are long — like 2 percent long (if you go by ESPN’s John Hollinger or CoolStandings). They are two games back of Indiana and the Pacers have the tiebreaker. The Bobcats almost have to win out, and they have Orlando, Miami and Atlanta still on the docket.
And now they may have to do that without leading scorer Stephen Jackson. For the rest of the season.
That according to a tweet from Mike Cranston of the Associated Press.
#Bobcats F Stephen Jackson says he won’t play tomorrow. Won’t say for sure he’s shutting it down but sounds like he may be done.
Really, it’s time to shut him down for the season. He has tried valiantly to play through this hamstring issue, but he can’t. He has missed the Bobcats last two games and went 1-for4 before leaving against Cleveland on March 30.
There is no reason to push him, to aggravate the injury and worsen it, without the likely reward of a playoff season. And that is just not happening.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games