Apr 4, 2011, 4:44 PM EST
Charlotte’s playoff chances are long — like 2 percent long (if you go by ESPN’s John Hollinger or CoolStandings). They are two games back of Indiana and the Pacers have the tiebreaker. The Bobcats almost have to win out, and they have Orlando, Miami and Atlanta still on the docket.
And now they may have to do that without leading scorer Stephen Jackson. For the rest of the season.
That according to a tweet from Mike Cranston of the Associated Press.
#Bobcats F Stephen Jackson says he won’t play tomorrow. Won’t say for sure he’s shutting it down but sounds like he may be done.
Really, it’s time to shut him down for the season. He has tried valiantly to play through this hamstring issue, but he can’t. He has missed the Bobcats last two games and went 1-for4 before leaving against Cleveland on March 30.
There is no reason to push him, to aggravate the injury and worsen it, without the likely reward of a playoff season. And that is just not happening.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7