Apr 4, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Charlotte’s playoff chances are long — like 2 percent long (if you go by ESPN’s John Hollinger or CoolStandings). They are two games back of Indiana and the Pacers have the tiebreaker. The Bobcats almost have to win out, and they have Orlando, Miami and Atlanta still on the docket.
And now they may have to do that without leading scorer Stephen Jackson. For the rest of the season.
That according to a tweet from Mike Cranston of the Associated Press.
#Bobcats F Stephen Jackson says he won’t play tomorrow. Won’t say for sure he’s shutting it down but sounds like he may be done.
Really, it’s time to shut him down for the season. He has tried valiantly to play through this hamstring issue, but he can’t. He has missed the Bobcats last two games and went 1-for4 before leaving against Cleveland on March 30.
There is no reason to push him, to aggravate the injury and worsen it, without the likely reward of a playoff season. And that is just not happening.
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 1
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 43
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 17
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29