Apr 4, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Charlotte’s playoff chances are long — like 2 percent long (if you go by ESPN’s John Hollinger or CoolStandings). They are two games back of Indiana and the Pacers have the tiebreaker. The Bobcats almost have to win out, and they have Orlando, Miami and Atlanta still on the docket.
And now they may have to do that without leading scorer Stephen Jackson. For the rest of the season.
That according to a tweet from Mike Cranston of the Associated Press.
#Bobcats F Stephen Jackson says he won’t play tomorrow. Won’t say for sure he’s shutting it down but sounds like he may be done.
Really, it’s time to shut him down for the season. He has tried valiantly to play through this hamstring issue, but he can’t. He has missed the Bobcats last two games and went 1-for4 before leaving against Cleveland on March 30.
There is no reason to push him, to aggravate the injury and worsen it, without the likely reward of a playoff season. And that is just not happening.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 0
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 18
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 46
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 59
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3