Apr 3, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
The Celtics could use Shaquille O’Neal back. Anytime. Really, whenever you feel up to it, big guy. Danny Ainge said maybe Sunday. Some estimates were for April 1st, which of course didn’t work out. They need him with Nenad Krstic out with bone bruise and Jermaine O’Neal trying to find his legs and the team trying to find its equilibrium.
Well, sounds like today’s the lucky day. From CSN New England:
Shaquille O’Neal just made his way into the TD Garden, looking fit as ever.
Will he play tonight?
That remains to be seen.
When asked by CSNNE.com if he was playing tonight, he said he wasn’t sure.
“I’m going to try,” he said. “We’ll see.”
O’Neal is why the Celtics could justify trading Perkins. Though defensively he was slagging before leaving with injury for months, his offense was impressively stout, and his mere presence makes an impact. No one wants to go down low if they’re going to run into the big guy, even at 39. Getting him back and in the flow will go a long way towards pushing the Celtics into playoff shape.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15