Apr 3, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
The Celtics could use Shaquille O’Neal back. Anytime. Really, whenever you feel up to it, big guy. Danny Ainge said maybe Sunday. Some estimates were for April 1st, which of course didn’t work out. They need him with Nenad Krstic out with bone bruise and Jermaine O’Neal trying to find his legs and the team trying to find its equilibrium.
Well, sounds like today’s the lucky day. From CSN New England:
Shaquille O’Neal just made his way into the TD Garden, looking fit as ever.
Will he play tonight?
That remains to be seen.
When asked by CSNNE.com if he was playing tonight, he said he wasn’t sure.
“I’m going to try,” he said. “We’ll see.”
O’Neal is why the Celtics could justify trading Perkins. Though defensively he was slagging before leaving with injury for months, his offense was impressively stout, and his mere presence makes an impact. No one wants to go down low if they’re going to run into the big guy, even at 39. Getting him back and in the flow will go a long way towards pushing the Celtics into playoff shape.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5