Apr 3, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
The Celtics could use Shaquille O’Neal back. Anytime. Really, whenever you feel up to it, big guy. Danny Ainge said maybe Sunday. Some estimates were for April 1st, which of course didn’t work out. They need him with Nenad Krstic out with bone bruise and Jermaine O’Neal trying to find his legs and the team trying to find its equilibrium.
Well, sounds like today’s the lucky day. From CSN New England:
Shaquille O’Neal just made his way into the TD Garden, looking fit as ever.
Will he play tonight?
That remains to be seen.
When asked by CSNNE.com if he was playing tonight, he said he wasn’t sure.
“I’m going to try,” he said. “We’ll see.”
O’Neal is why the Celtics could justify trading Perkins. Though defensively he was slagging before leaving with injury for months, his offense was impressively stout, and his mere presence makes an impact. No one wants to go down low if they’re going to run into the big guy, even at 39. Getting him back and in the flow will go a long way towards pushing the Celtics into playoff shape.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19