Apr 3, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
The Celtics could use Shaquille O’Neal back. Anytime. Really, whenever you feel up to it, big guy. Danny Ainge said maybe Sunday. Some estimates were for April 1st, which of course didn’t work out. They need him with Nenad Krstic out with bone bruise and Jermaine O’Neal trying to find his legs and the team trying to find its equilibrium.
Well, sounds like today’s the lucky day. From CSN New England:
Shaquille O’Neal just made his way into the TD Garden, looking fit as ever.
Will he play tonight?
That remains to be seen.
When asked by CSNNE.com if he was playing tonight, he said he wasn’t sure.
“I’m going to try,” he said. “We’ll see.”
O’Neal is why the Celtics could justify trading Perkins. Though defensively he was slagging before leaving with injury for months, his offense was impressively stout, and his mere presence makes an impact. No one wants to go down low if they’re going to run into the big guy, even at 39. Getting him back and in the flow will go a long way towards pushing the Celtics into playoff shape.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 17
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 11
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 52
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28