Apr 2, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Danny Ainge had to breathe a sigh of relief Saturday. Nenad Krstic went down Thursday night with what looked like a fairly serious knee injury. CSN New England reports Saturday that and MRI for Krstic was negative and he is day to day with a bone bruise.
It’s a huge bullet dodged for the Celtics who clearly have missed Kendrick Perkins since trading him and Nate Robinson for Krstic and Jeff Green. In last night’s loss to the Hawks, the Celtics were out-rebounded 52-38. Jeff Green accounted for 0% of those 38 rebounds, with a total of 0. Meanwhile, Shaquille O’Neal could be back tomorrow, could be back next week, could be back in the playoffs, could fly away to a magical land with Puff the Magic Dragon. All of those scenarios have about an equal chance.
Krstic gives them a body, but does he give them what they need, which is the toughness and brutal strength Perkins offers? At least he gives them someone who’s healthy, and at this point, the Celtics have no choice but to be thankful he didn’t tear anything and roll the dice.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 15
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 5
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 46
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 29
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 21
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (79)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay