Apr 2, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Danny Ainge had to breathe a sigh of relief Saturday. Nenad Krstic went down Thursday night with what looked like a fairly serious knee injury. CSN New England reports Saturday that and MRI for Krstic was negative and he is day to day with a bone bruise.
It’s a huge bullet dodged for the Celtics who clearly have missed Kendrick Perkins since trading him and Nate Robinson for Krstic and Jeff Green. In last night’s loss to the Hawks, the Celtics were out-rebounded 52-38. Jeff Green accounted for 0% of those 38 rebounds, with a total of 0. Meanwhile, Shaquille O’Neal could be back tomorrow, could be back next week, could be back in the playoffs, could fly away to a magical land with Puff the Magic Dragon. All of those scenarios have about an equal chance.
Krstic gives them a body, but does he give them what they need, which is the toughness and brutal strength Perkins offers? At least he gives them someone who’s healthy, and at this point, the Celtics have no choice but to be thankful he didn’t tear anything and roll the dice.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 36
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38