Apr 2, 2011, 4:48 PM EST
Danny Ainge had to breathe a sigh of relief Saturday. Nenad Krstic went down Thursday night with what looked like a fairly serious knee injury. CSN New England reports Saturday that and MRI for Krstic was negative and he is day to day with a bone bruise.
It’s a huge bullet dodged for the Celtics who clearly have missed Kendrick Perkins since trading him and Nate Robinson for Krstic and Jeff Green. In last night’s loss to the Hawks, the Celtics were out-rebounded 52-38. Jeff Green accounted for 0% of those 38 rebounds, with a total of 0. Meanwhile, Shaquille O’Neal could be back tomorrow, could be back next week, could be back in the playoffs, could fly away to a magical land with Puff the Magic Dragon. All of those scenarios have about an equal chance.
Krstic gives them a body, but does he give them what they need, which is the toughness and brutal strength Perkins offers? At least he gives them someone who’s healthy, and at this point, the Celtics have no choice but to be thankful he didn’t tear anything and roll the dice.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20