Apr 1, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
For the first time since Tim Duncan came to San Antonio, the Spurs have lost five games in a row.
Right before the playoffs. In the season when it looked like they had found the fountain of youth, when they were back to being elite. The season maybe they could get one for the thumb.
“I don’t think we’re in a crisis, or playing like crap,” Ginobili said. “We’re in a great situation. We’ve just got to keep fighting.”
A situation? The Celtics were in a situation, too? The Lakers are in a situation, just one that seems a bit more comfortable than the Spurs one.
The Spurs had their big three back and healthy last night, but tried to shake the rust off against a desperate and hungry Celtics team. They might have better luck Friday night, although the Rockets have been playing very well of late also.
Those footsteps are the Lakers 2.5 games back of the Spurs. San Antonio’s defense has not been its old self all year but the offense had made up for it, which may not be the best playoff strategy in the first place, but now even the offense looks flat.
However, a win or two and everything will seem just fine again. And the panic buttons can go away. For now.
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 2
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 4
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 29
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record