Apr 1, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
After the Mavs were laid to waste by the Lakers last night — and after they pulled out a classic NHL maneuver and started being physical once the game was out of reach — Chris Webber went on TNT and ripped the Mavs.
“Jason Terry is the only Dallas Maverick that does something. Look at Dirk Nowitzki, look at these two big guys, look at Haywood. They deserve to be fined. I hate to say this, but I put the rules on me team that if were not in there, you deserve to be fined…. But what I am saying is, when your guard gets pushed and no one else on the team … the Lakers already won.”
“Chris Webber has never had an original thought. It doesn’t really matter. You know how these guys work. The last time I looked it was Jason Terry pushing and our guys responding — no one is backing down from anybody. And it’s the same nonsense talked by the same people who haven’t had an original thought in their entire lives. Look, we don’t care what Chris Webber says. It doesn’t matter what Chris Webber says. We just go out and do our thing.”
Cuban is right, calling the Mavericks soft is not original. And calling a team that prefers to shoot jump shots on the perimeter soft is not accurate. It’s not fair. But the Lakers were more physical when it mattered Thursday, and that feeds the common perception. Whatever you think of that perception. That physicality also leads to wins for the Lakers over Dallas.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6