Apr 1, 2011, 2:54 PM EDT
We told you about Jalen Rose getting a DUI a couple days ago, an incident that had taken place several weeks before.
Turns out, Rose didn’t tell his employer ESPN either, so they have yanked him off the air, according to the USA Today.
“Jalen has accepted full responsibility for his actions. Both parties are taking this very seriously, and as a result, we’ve agreed that he will not be on our air while he addresses this situation,” said ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz in an email to (USA Today blog) Game On!
A couple of lessons here. One, obviously, don’t drink and drive. Second, the coverup is always worse and more problematic than the crime itself. See: Nixon, Richard.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 29
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 39
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42