Apr 1, 2011, 2:54 PM EDT
We told you about Jalen Rose getting a DUI a couple days ago, an incident that had taken place several weeks before.
Turns out, Rose didn’t tell his employer ESPN either, so they have yanked him off the air, according to the USA Today.
“Jalen has accepted full responsibility for his actions. Both parties are taking this very seriously, and as a result, we’ve agreed that he will not be on our air while he addresses this situation,” said ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz in an email to (USA Today blog) Game On!
A couple of lessons here. One, obviously, don’t drink and drive. Second, the coverup is always worse and more problematic than the crime itself. See: Nixon, Richard.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 20
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 29