Apr 1, 2011, 2:54 PM EDT
We told you about Jalen Rose getting a DUI a couple days ago, an incident that had taken place several weeks before.
Turns out, Rose didn’t tell his employer ESPN either, so they have yanked him off the air, according to the USA Today.
“Jalen has accepted full responsibility for his actions. Both parties are taking this very seriously, and as a result, we’ve agreed that he will not be on our air while he addresses this situation,” said ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz in an email to (USA Today blog) Game On!
A couple of lessons here. One, obviously, don’t drink and drive. Second, the coverup is always worse and more problematic than the crime itself. See: Nixon, Richard.
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 0
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 46
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 58
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17