Mar 31, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
The league has announced that Wizards guard John Wall will be suspended one game for his role in an altercation that caused Wall, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Juwan Howard to all be ejected from Wednesday’s Wizards-Heat game. Here is the league’s statement on the matter:
Wall has been suspended for his Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, whichincluded throwing a closed-fist and forearm into the midsection ofIlgauskas, and Howard has been fined for escalating the altercation.The incident occurred with 8:48 remaining in the second quarter of theHeat’s 123-107 victory at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.
Ilgauskas, who received a Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, for an elbow tothe face of Wall, has been fined for making an obscene gesturefollowing his ejection.
Wall will serve his suspension on Friday, April 1 when the Wizards host the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 0
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 12
- PBT Extra: Talking Andrew Bynum’s arrival, Trail Blazers’ stumble 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant has “no interest” in playing for Mike D’Antoni next season 38
- Kobe expects to be old self again next season, expects Lakers’ front office to fix team fast 31