Mar 31, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
The league has announced that Wizards guard John Wall will be suspended one game for his role in an altercation that caused Wall, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Juwan Howard to all be ejected from Wednesday’s Wizards-Heat game. Here is the league’s statement on the matter:
Wall has been suspended for his Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, whichincluded throwing a closed-fist and forearm into the midsection ofIlgauskas, and Howard has been fined for escalating the altercation.The incident occurred with 8:48 remaining in the second quarter of theHeat’s 123-107 victory at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.
Ilgauskas, who received a Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, for an elbow tothe face of Wall, has been fined for making an obscene gesturefollowing his ejection.
Wall will serve his suspension on Friday, April 1 when the Wizards host the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61