Mar 31, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
The league has announced that Wizards guard John Wall will be suspended one game for his role in an altercation that caused Wall, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Juwan Howard to all be ejected from Wednesday’s Wizards-Heat game. Here is the league’s statement on the matter:
Wall has been suspended for his Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, whichincluded throwing a closed-fist and forearm into the midsection ofIlgauskas, and Howard has been fined for escalating the altercation.The incident occurred with 8:48 remaining in the second quarter of theHeat’s 123-107 victory at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.
Ilgauskas, who received a Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, for an elbow tothe face of Wall, has been fined for making an obscene gesturefollowing his ejection.
Wall will serve his suspension on Friday, April 1 when the Wizards host the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 13
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9