Mar 31, 2011, 7:10 PM EST
The league has announced that Wizards guard John Wall will be suspended one game for his role in an altercation that caused Wall, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Juwan Howard to all be ejected from Wednesday’s Wizards-Heat game. Here is the league’s statement on the matter:
Wall has been suspended for his Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, whichincluded throwing a closed-fist and forearm into the midsection ofIlgauskas, and Howard has been fined for escalating the altercation.The incident occurred with 8:48 remaining in the second quarter of theHeat’s 123-107 victory at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.
Ilgauskas, who received a Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, for an elbow tothe face of Wall, has been fined for making an obscene gesturefollowing his ejection.
Wall will serve his suspension on Friday, April 1 when the Wizards host the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 2
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 1
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 5
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 25
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 11