Mar 31, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
The league has announced that Wizards guard John Wall will be suspended one game for his role in an altercation that caused Wall, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Juwan Howard to all be ejected from Wednesday’s Wizards-Heat game. Here is the league’s statement on the matter:
Wall has been suspended for his Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, whichincluded throwing a closed-fist and forearm into the midsection ofIlgauskas, and Howard has been fined for escalating the altercation.The incident occurred with 8:48 remaining in the second quarter of theHeat’s 123-107 victory at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.
Ilgauskas, who received a Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, for an elbow tothe face of Wall, has been fined for making an obscene gesturefollowing his ejection.
Wall will serve his suspension on Friday, April 1 when the Wizards host the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 0
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 4
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 9
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 14
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 14