Mar 31, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Rashan S. Michel has been formally charged in the attack on former Atlanta Hawks player and current broadcaster (and team vice president) Dominique Wilkins, the Associated Press reports.
Michel has been released after posting $1,000 bail.
Michel, a former NBA referee and current owner of a clothing company, approached Wilkins while a live post-game television interview was taking place and after Wilkins walked away from the broadcast Michel attacked him, according to Atlanta police.
Michel has said Wilkins owes him more than $15,000 for suits. He tweeted as much after the attack.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4