Mar 31, 2011, 2:19 PM EST
Rashan S. Michel has been formally charged in the attack on former Atlanta Hawks player and current broadcaster (and team vice president) Dominique Wilkins, the Associated Press reports.
Michel has been released after posting $1,000 bail.
Michel, a former NBA referee and current owner of a clothing company, approached Wilkins while a live post-game television interview was taking place and after Wilkins walked away from the broadcast Michel attacked him, according to Atlanta police.
Michel has said Wilkins owes him more than $15,000 for suits. He tweeted as much after the attack.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16