Mar 31, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Rashan S. Michel has been formally charged in the attack on former Atlanta Hawks player and current broadcaster (and team vice president) Dominique Wilkins, the Associated Press reports.
Michel has been released after posting $1,000 bail.
Michel, a former NBA referee and current owner of a clothing company, approached Wilkins while a live post-game television interview was taking place and after Wilkins walked away from the broadcast Michel attacked him, according to Atlanta police.
Michel has said Wilkins owes him more than $15,000 for suits. He tweeted as much after the attack.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14