Mar 31, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Rashan S. Michel has been formally charged in the attack on former Atlanta Hawks player and current broadcaster (and team vice president) Dominique Wilkins, the Associated Press reports.
Michel has been released after posting $1,000 bail.
Michel, a former NBA referee and current owner of a clothing company, approached Wilkins while a live post-game television interview was taking place and after Wilkins walked away from the broadcast Michel attacked him, according to Atlanta police.
Michel has said Wilkins owes him more than $15,000 for suits. He tweeted as much after the attack.
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 0
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 4
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 4
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 11