Mar 31, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Rashan S. Michel handled his business poorly.
He attacked Hawks legend and broadcaster Dominique Wilkins in Philips Arena after the game and, based on Michel’s mug shot, Wilkins got the best of it.
Michel, a former NBA referee who now has a custom clothing business, has said Wilkins owed him money for some suits and tweeted this after he was released from jail on bail early in the Atlanta morning.
I call what happened at Phillips Arena earlier, Operation Repo…next time have my money!
pay your debts, poser.
“Operation Repo” was a failure if the goal was to get paid. Michel approached Wilkins after the game had ended near the court and at one point threw a punch into Wilkins chest and Wilkins apparently got at least one clean punch off himself. Michel was arrested and will likely face some kind of prosecution for the attack.
I’m not sure what kind of business man Michael is, but physically attacking a 6’7”, 220+ pound athlete in the middle of a crowded arena where said athlete is a living legend suggests Michel is not a very smart one. And you can bet Wilkins isn’t paying now (if he even owes the money).
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 0
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 15
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32