Mar 31, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Rashan S. Michel handled his business poorly.
He attacked Hawks legend and broadcaster Dominique Wilkins in Philips Arena after the game and, based on Michel’s mug shot, Wilkins got the best of it.
Michel, a former NBA referee who now has a custom clothing business, has said Wilkins owed him money for some suits and tweeted this after he was released from jail on bail early in the Atlanta morning.
I call what happened at Phillips Arena earlier, Operation Repo…next time have my money!
pay your debts, poser.
“Operation Repo” was a failure if the goal was to get paid. Michel approached Wilkins after the game had ended near the court and at one point threw a punch into Wilkins chest and Wilkins apparently got at least one clean punch off himself. Michel was arrested and will likely face some kind of prosecution for the attack.
I’m not sure what kind of business man Michael is, but physically attacking a 6’7”, 220+ pound athlete in the middle of a crowded arena where said athlete is a living legend suggests Michel is not a very smart one. And you can bet Wilkins isn’t paying now (if he even owes the money).
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 14
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8