Mar 31, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
Rashan S. Michel handled his business poorly.
He attacked Hawks legend and broadcaster Dominique Wilkins in Philips Arena after the game and, based on Michel’s mug shot, Wilkins got the best of it.
Michel, a former NBA referee who now has a custom clothing business, has said Wilkins owed him money for some suits and tweeted this after he was released from jail on bail early in the Atlanta morning.
I call what happened at Phillips Arena earlier, Operation Repo…next time have my money!
pay your debts, poser.
“Operation Repo” was a failure if the goal was to get paid. Michel approached Wilkins after the game had ended near the court and at one point threw a punch into Wilkins chest and Wilkins apparently got at least one clean punch off himself. Michel was arrested and will likely face some kind of prosecution for the attack.
I’m not sure what kind of business man Michael is, but physically attacking a 6’7”, 220+ pound athlete in the middle of a crowded arena where said athlete is a living legend suggests Michel is not a very smart one. And you can bet Wilkins isn’t paying now (if he even owes the money).
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 9
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17