Mar 31, 2011, 5:58 PM EDT
The front of the Nike Air Jordan 21 was designed to look like the front of Michael Jordan’s customized Bentley Continental GT Coupe. Because, if you are Michael Jordan you can have a multinational corporation design a shoe based on your car.
Jordan has now sold the car Volo Auto Museum, reports CSN Chicago.
The Bentley is a 2005 Continental GT Coupe with only 12,000 miles on it. It has a W-12 engine (which is two V-6 engines sitting side by side) with twin turbo chargers and 552 horsepower. It was personalized by Jordan with dark tinted glass, a set of $9,000 Lowenhart wheels and a talking radar system with front and rear sensors.
I bet it gets terrible gas mileage. Which I’m sure is why Jordan sold it.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 0
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31