Mar 31, 2011, 5:58 PM EST
The front of the Nike Air Jordan 21 was designed to look like the front of Michael Jordan’s customized Bentley Continental GT Coupe. Because, if you are Michael Jordan you can have a multinational corporation design a shoe based on your car.
Jordan has now sold the car Volo Auto Museum, reports CSN Chicago.
The Bentley is a 2005 Continental GT Coupe with only 12,000 miles on it. It has a W-12 engine (which is two V-6 engines sitting side by side) with twin turbo chargers and 552 horsepower. It was personalized by Jordan with dark tinted glass, a set of $9,000 Lowenhart wheels and a talking radar system with front and rear sensors.
I bet it gets terrible gas mileage. Which I’m sure is why Jordan sold it.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 6
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6