Mar 31, 2011, 5:58 PM EDT
The front of the Nike Air Jordan 21 was designed to look like the front of Michael Jordan’s customized Bentley Continental GT Coupe. Because, if you are Michael Jordan you can have a multinational corporation design a shoe based on your car.
Jordan has now sold the car Volo Auto Museum, reports CSN Chicago.
The Bentley is a 2005 Continental GT Coupe with only 12,000 miles on it. It has a W-12 engine (which is two V-6 engines sitting side by side) with twin turbo chargers and 552 horsepower. It was personalized by Jordan with dark tinted glass, a set of $9,000 Lowenhart wheels and a talking radar system with front and rear sensors.
I bet it gets terrible gas mileage. Which I’m sure is why Jordan sold it.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50