Mar 31, 2011, 5:58 PM EDT
The front of the Nike Air Jordan 21 was designed to look like the front of Michael Jordan’s customized Bentley Continental GT Coupe. Because, if you are Michael Jordan you can have a multinational corporation design a shoe based on your car.
Jordan has now sold the car Volo Auto Museum, reports CSN Chicago.
The Bentley is a 2005 Continental GT Coupe with only 12,000 miles on it. It has a W-12 engine (which is two V-6 engines sitting side by side) with twin turbo chargers and 552 horsepower. It was personalized by Jordan with dark tinted glass, a set of $9,000 Lowenhart wheels and a talking radar system with front and rear sensors.
I bet it gets terrible gas mileage. Which I’m sure is why Jordan sold it.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14