Mar 31, 2011, 11:08 AM EDT
Boston is slumping as they try to get guys healthy for the playoffs. San Antonio has lost four straight as guys sit trying to get healthy and rested for the playoffs.
“We need our rest, you know,” Howard said.
“A lot of guys are trying to get healthy, and we keep pounding them away. Gilbert (Arenas), his knee isn’t right yet. That’s not excuses, but when you have a short roster sometimes rest is what’s going to get everybody back healthy. You can’t force the issue or press your team when you know everybody’s not healthy.
“We’ve got to have our rest,” he added later. “We’ve practiced enough. We’ve had enough shootarounds. It’s about rest right now.”
Stan Van Gundy’s reaction? The Heat will be practicing Thursday.
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 0
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 11
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 20
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 12