Mar 31, 2011, 11:08 AM EDT
Boston is slumping as they try to get guys healthy for the playoffs. San Antonio has lost four straight as guys sit trying to get healthy and rested for the playoffs.
“We need our rest, you know,” Howard said.
“A lot of guys are trying to get healthy, and we keep pounding them away. Gilbert (Arenas), his knee isn’t right yet. That’s not excuses, but when you have a short roster sometimes rest is what’s going to get everybody back healthy. You can’t force the issue or press your team when you know everybody’s not healthy.
“We’ve got to have our rest,” he added later. “We’ve practiced enough. We’ve had enough shootarounds. It’s about rest right now.”
Stan Van Gundy’s reaction? The Heat will be practicing Thursday.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8