Mar 31, 2011, 11:08 AM EDT
Boston is slumping as they try to get guys healthy for the playoffs. San Antonio has lost four straight as guys sit trying to get healthy and rested for the playoffs.
“We need our rest, you know,” Howard said.
“A lot of guys are trying to get healthy, and we keep pounding them away. Gilbert (Arenas), his knee isn’t right yet. That’s not excuses, but when you have a short roster sometimes rest is what’s going to get everybody back healthy. You can’t force the issue or press your team when you know everybody’s not healthy.
“We’ve got to have our rest,” he added later. “We’ve practiced enough. We’ve had enough shootarounds. It’s about rest right now.”
Stan Van Gundy’s reaction? The Heat will be practicing Thursday.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6