Mar 31, 2011, 11:08 AM EST
Boston is slumping as they try to get guys healthy for the playoffs. San Antonio has lost four straight as guys sit trying to get healthy and rested for the playoffs.
“We need our rest, you know,” Howard said.
“A lot of guys are trying to get healthy, and we keep pounding them away. Gilbert (Arenas), his knee isn’t right yet. That’s not excuses, but when you have a short roster sometimes rest is what’s going to get everybody back healthy. You can’t force the issue or press your team when you know everybody’s not healthy.
“We’ve got to have our rest,” he added later. “We’ve practiced enough. We’ve had enough shootarounds. It’s about rest right now.”
Stan Van Gundy’s reaction? The Heat will be practicing Thursday.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 3
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 31
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)