Mar 31, 2011, 11:08 AM EST
Boston is slumping as they try to get guys healthy for the playoffs. San Antonio has lost four straight as guys sit trying to get healthy and rested for the playoffs.
“We need our rest, you know,” Howard said.
“A lot of guys are trying to get healthy, and we keep pounding them away. Gilbert (Arenas), his knee isn’t right yet. That’s not excuses, but when you have a short roster sometimes rest is what’s going to get everybody back healthy. You can’t force the issue or press your team when you know everybody’s not healthy.
“We’ve got to have our rest,” he added later. “We’ve practiced enough. We’ve had enough shootarounds. It’s about rest right now.”
Stan Van Gundy’s reaction? The Heat will be practicing Thursday.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16