Mar 31, 2011, 1:06 PM EDT
Okay Boston fans, now you can start to really worry.
Doc Rivers pushed the timeline back for Shaq’s return from an Achilles tendon injury again, this time maybe as far back as the start of the playoffs, friend of the site A. Sherrod Blakely reports at CSN New England. (He also notes the Celtics have apparently been learning from the Bill Belichick injury reports.)
“I really hope we can get him before the playoffs,” said Rivers, who added that the injury is starting to “get close to bleeding” into the teams’ postseason plans.
While the C’s maintain there hasn’t been any setback, they do say it has taken longer to heal than anticipated (isn’t that a setback?)….
“The good thing with him is that he’s still big and strong,” Rivers said. “But that (not playing until the playoffs) would be difficult.”
This will certainly ramp up the complaints about the Kendrick Perkins trade.
The Celtics will get Jermaine O’Neal back, maybe as Thursday night against the Spurs. He will be asked to be the defensive anchor until Shaq returns. Whenever that is.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73