Mar 30, 2011, 11:38 AM EST
Trevor Booker had developed into a fun little surprise in Washington. The rookie out of Clemson dropped 26 and 13 on Toronto a couple weeks ago and had a double-double against Denver earlier in the week. Plus he was just fun pounding away inside, which seemed a good balance with John Wall.
Flip Saunders said Trevor Booker is likely done for the season after MRI revealed a crack below his right foot.
I’m not sure what is below your foot, but that’s not the point. Frank Hanrahan at CSN Washington confirms and says the Wizards want a second opinion before making it official. But it’s pretty much official. A foot injury at this time of the season, on a team racking up as many lottery Ping-Pong balls as Washington, means there is no reason to bring him back. He’s off until next season, although he may not be golfing until his foot gets healed.
What this means for the Wizards is more Andray Blatche.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36