Mar 30, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Trevor Booker had developed into a fun little surprise in Washington. The rookie out of Clemson dropped 26 and 13 on Toronto a couple weeks ago and had a double-double against Denver earlier in the week. Plus he was just fun pounding away inside, which seemed a good balance with John Wall.
Flip Saunders said Trevor Booker is likely done for the season after MRI revealed a crack below his right foot.
I’m not sure what is below your foot, but that’s not the point. Frank Hanrahan at CSN Washington confirms and says the Wizards want a second opinion before making it official. But it’s pretty much official. A foot injury at this time of the season, on a team racking up as many lottery Ping-Pong balls as Washington, means there is no reason to bring him back. He’s off until next season, although he may not be golfing until his foot gets healed.
What this means for the Wizards is more Andray Blatche.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 4
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 23
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17