Mar 30, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Trevor Booker had developed into a fun little surprise in Washington. The rookie out of Clemson dropped 26 and 13 on Toronto a couple weeks ago and had a double-double against Denver earlier in the week. Plus he was just fun pounding away inside, which seemed a good balance with John Wall.
Flip Saunders said Trevor Booker is likely done for the season after MRI revealed a crack below his right foot.
I’m not sure what is below your foot, but that’s not the point. Frank Hanrahan at CSN Washington confirms and says the Wizards want a second opinion before making it official. But it’s pretty much official. A foot injury at this time of the season, on a team racking up as many lottery Ping-Pong balls as Washington, means there is no reason to bring him back. He’s off until next season, although he may not be golfing until his foot gets healed.
What this means for the Wizards is more Andray Blatche.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 7
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3