Mar 30, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Trevor Booker had developed into a fun little surprise in Washington. The rookie out of Clemson dropped 26 and 13 on Toronto a couple weeks ago and had a double-double against Denver earlier in the week. Plus he was just fun pounding away inside, which seemed a good balance with John Wall.
Flip Saunders said Trevor Booker is likely done for the season after MRI revealed a crack below his right foot.
I’m not sure what is below your foot, but that’s not the point. Frank Hanrahan at CSN Washington confirms and says the Wizards want a second opinion before making it official. But it’s pretty much official. A foot injury at this time of the season, on a team racking up as many lottery Ping-Pong balls as Washington, means there is no reason to bring him back. He’s off until next season, although he may not be golfing until his foot gets healed.
What this means for the Wizards is more Andray Blatche.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 4
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 27
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 23
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10