Mar 30, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Trevor Booker had developed into a fun little surprise in Washington. The rookie out of Clemson dropped 26 and 13 on Toronto a couple weeks ago and had a double-double against Denver earlier in the week. Plus he was just fun pounding away inside, which seemed a good balance with John Wall.
Flip Saunders said Trevor Booker is likely done for the season after MRI revealed a crack below his right foot.
I’m not sure what is below your foot, but that’s not the point. Frank Hanrahan at CSN Washington confirms and says the Wizards want a second opinion before making it official. But it’s pretty much official. A foot injury at this time of the season, on a team racking up as many lottery Ping-Pong balls as Washington, means there is no reason to bring him back. He’s off until next season, although he may not be golfing until his foot gets healed.
What this means for the Wizards is more Andray Blatche.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 0
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 1
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 27
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17