Video: Cooking for LeBron, he eats better than you

Mar 30, 2011, 1:40 PM EST

Gucci Cocktail Party For Ffawn Getty Images

I love cooking shows. Love. Them. Honestly, when basketball isn’t on my television, it’s a cooking show. Maybe some cool old-school Iron Chef (from Japan, the American version is a poor imitation), maybe just Jamie Oliver cooking at home. I miss the Two Fat Ladies.

As cooking videos go, this one is not going to match up to the Top Chef finale Wednesday night (go Blaze!), but it gives you some insight into how LeBron James eats at home. Which is better than you. Unless you have some beautiful fresh fish, great farmers market ingredients and some microgreens lying around. In which case, can I come over?

This is Chef Brandon, LeBron’s personal chef, whipping up a little something for James at home. Great, now I’m hungry…

1. chargerdillon - Mar 30, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Tonight i’ll be taking my talents to Sizzler

• jsprunner - Mar 30, 2011 at 3:20 PM

HA!! I almost spit water on my screen! Excellent!

2. zackd2 - Mar 30, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Not Lebron’s Menu:
    Appetizer: Guts
    Entrée : Heart
    Dessert: Humble Pie

3. zackd2 - Mar 30, 2011 at 4:57 PM

No Lebron? Was he afraid the cucumbers were going to boo him when he sat down?

4. bils293 - Mar 30, 2011 at 6:27 PM

god you guys are lame..stop hating on everything the man does…the fact that you guys even take the time to click on relating posts, watch the videos, and comment, just goes to show how much you actually care about everything lebron does…if you actually hated him as much as you all claim you would simply avoid reading any article with his name in the headline, especially one about what he eats

5. pudgalvin - Mar 30, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Kurt, where do you still find the Japanese Iron Chef? I haven’t seen that in the guide in years.

• Kurt Helin - Mar 30, 2011 at 9:07 PM

pudgalvin, it’s on the Cooking Channel (the Food Network spinoff that has actual cooking shows on it, not just cooking competitions).

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches