Mar 30, 2011, 7:46 PM EDT
UPDATE 7:46 pm: It’s official, Noah will sit out the game against the Wolves — where he would have been handy against Kevin Love — due to the sprained ankle.
Kurt Thomas starts in his place.
2:27 pm: Because God forbid we have all the Bulls players fully healthy for any extended stretch…
“[I’m] just trying to take care of this ankle,” said Noah after Wednesday morning’s Bulls shootaround at the Target Center. “I’ll see how I feel tonight. [I’m] just trying to push it tonight and see if I can push it through.”
“It feels better than yesterday.”
If this were the playoffs, he’d go. The Bulls want to wins to secure the top seed in the East (and finish second overall to the Spurs) but what matters more is not to have Noah with a lingering ankle issue in the playoffs. So don’t be shocked if he sits out against the Timberwolves.
Coach Tom Thibodeau said Noah would warm up them a decision would be made. Either way, expect him to see fewer minutes and Kurt Thomas to see more (and maybe start).
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 0
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 2
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 24
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronkowski 'probably' needs back surgery, too
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay