Mar 30, 2011, 7:46 PM EDT
UPDATE 7:46 pm: It’s official, Noah will sit out the game against the Wolves — where he would have been handy against Kevin Love — due to the sprained ankle.
Kurt Thomas starts in his place.
2:27 pm: Because God forbid we have all the Bulls players fully healthy for any extended stretch…
“[I’m] just trying to take care of this ankle,” said Noah after Wednesday morning’s Bulls shootaround at the Target Center. “I’ll see how I feel tonight. [I’m] just trying to push it tonight and see if I can push it through.”
“It feels better than yesterday.”
If this were the playoffs, he’d go. The Bulls want to wins to secure the top seed in the East (and finish second overall to the Spurs) but what matters more is not to have Noah with a lingering ankle issue in the playoffs. So don’t be shocked if he sits out against the Timberwolves.
Coach Tom Thibodeau said Noah would warm up them a decision would be made. Either way, expect him to see fewer minutes and Kurt Thomas to see more (and maybe start).
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 0
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 6
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 14
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 23
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26