Mar 30, 2011, 7:46 PM EDT
UPDATE 7:46 pm: It’s official, Noah will sit out the game against the Wolves — where he would have been handy against Kevin Love — due to the sprained ankle.
Kurt Thomas starts in his place.
2:27 pm: Because God forbid we have all the Bulls players fully healthy for any extended stretch…
“[I’m] just trying to take care of this ankle,” said Noah after Wednesday morning’s Bulls shootaround at the Target Center. “I’ll see how I feel tonight. [I’m] just trying to push it tonight and see if I can push it through.”
“It feels better than yesterday.”
If this were the playoffs, he’d go. The Bulls want to wins to secure the top seed in the East (and finish second overall to the Spurs) but what matters more is not to have Noah with a lingering ankle issue in the playoffs. So don’t be shocked if he sits out against the Timberwolves.
Coach Tom Thibodeau said Noah would warm up them a decision would be made. Either way, expect him to see fewer minutes and Kurt Thomas to see more (and maybe start).
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 1
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 43
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 65
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26