Mar 30, 2011, 7:46 PM EST
UPDATE 7:46 pm: It’s official, Noah will sit out the game against the Wolves — where he would have been handy against Kevin Love — due to the sprained ankle.
Kurt Thomas starts in his place.
2:27 pm: Because God forbid we have all the Bulls players fully healthy for any extended stretch…
“[I’m] just trying to take care of this ankle,” said Noah after Wednesday morning’s Bulls shootaround at the Target Center. “I’ll see how I feel tonight. [I’m] just trying to push it tonight and see if I can push it through.”
“It feels better than yesterday.”
If this were the playoffs, he’d go. The Bulls want to wins to secure the top seed in the East (and finish second overall to the Spurs) but what matters more is not to have Noah with a lingering ankle issue in the playoffs. So don’t be shocked if he sits out against the Timberwolves.
Coach Tom Thibodeau said Noah would warm up them a decision would be made. Either way, expect him to see fewer minutes and Kurt Thomas to see more (and maybe start).
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 5
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 14
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36