Mar 30, 2011, 7:46 PM EDT
UPDATE 7:46 pm: It’s official, Noah will sit out the game against the Wolves — where he would have been handy against Kevin Love — due to the sprained ankle.
Kurt Thomas starts in his place.
2:27 pm: Because God forbid we have all the Bulls players fully healthy for any extended stretch…
“[I’m] just trying to take care of this ankle,” said Noah after Wednesday morning’s Bulls shootaround at the Target Center. “I’ll see how I feel tonight. [I’m] just trying to push it tonight and see if I can push it through.”
“It feels better than yesterday.”
If this were the playoffs, he’d go. The Bulls want to wins to secure the top seed in the East (and finish second overall to the Spurs) but what matters more is not to have Noah with a lingering ankle issue in the playoffs. So don’t be shocked if he sits out against the Timberwolves.
Coach Tom Thibodeau said Noah would warm up them a decision would be made. Either way, expect him to see fewer minutes and Kurt Thomas to see more (and maybe start).
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29