Mar 30, 2011, 9:49 PM EDT
I’m not sure there’s really an MVP debate, at least one where the outcome is in doubt.
Derrick Rose is going to win it. Like it or not. Complain it’s about the narrative and not the play, or counter Rose is clearly the man leading the best team in the game, make no mistake about the ultimate outcome. Rose is the MVP.
And two-time defending MVP LeBron James is good with that.
“I think [it’s] Derrick Rose,” James said before the Heat’s game Wednesday night against the Washington Wizards. “What he’s done for that team, with all the injuries they have and them being first in the Eastern Conference — they’re playing some really good basketball.”
Rose has stepped up his game and is the leader of the team that will finish the regular season on top of the East. The Bulls and Rose have exceeded expectations, and that narrative often wins the MVP award. Not everyone is on board (myself included). Rather than rehash the argument, just read this.
But it doesn’t matter. Rose will win. And picking up LeBron’s endorsement makes it that much more certain.
Here is the video of LeBron’s comments, courtesy CSN Chicago.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30