Mar 30, 2011, 9:49 PM EST
I’m not sure there’s really an MVP debate, at least one where the outcome is in doubt.
Derrick Rose is going to win it. Like it or not. Complain it’s about the narrative and not the play, or counter Rose is clearly the man leading the best team in the game, make no mistake about the ultimate outcome. Rose is the MVP.
And two-time defending MVP LeBron James is good with that.
“I think [it’s] Derrick Rose,” James said before the Heat’s game Wednesday night against the Washington Wizards. “What he’s done for that team, with all the injuries they have and them being first in the Eastern Conference — they’re playing some really good basketball.”
Rose has stepped up his game and is the leader of the team that will finish the regular season on top of the East. The Bulls and Rose have exceeded expectations, and that narrative often wins the MVP award. Not everyone is on board (myself included). Rather than rehash the argument, just read this.
But it doesn’t matter. Rose will win. And picking up LeBron’s endorsement makes it that much more certain.
Here is the video of LeBron’s comments, courtesy CSN Chicago.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 8
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2