Mar 30, 2011, 9:49 PM EST
I’m not sure there’s really an MVP debate, at least one where the outcome is in doubt.
Derrick Rose is going to win it. Like it or not. Complain it’s about the narrative and not the play, or counter Rose is clearly the man leading the best team in the game, make no mistake about the ultimate outcome. Rose is the MVP.
And two-time defending MVP LeBron James is good with that.
“I think [it's] Derrick Rose,” James said before the Heat’s game Wednesday night against the Washington Wizards. “What he’s done for that team, with all the injuries they have and them being first in the Eastern Conference — they’re playing some really good basketball.”
Rose has stepped up his game and is the leader of the team that will finish the regular season on top of the East. The Bulls and Rose have exceeded expectations, and that narrative often wins the MVP award. Not everyone is on board (myself included). Rather than rehash the argument, just read this.
But it doesn’t matter. Rose will win. And picking up LeBron’s endorsement makes it that much more certain.
Here is the video of LeBron’s comments, courtesy CSN Chicago.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)