Mar 30, 2011, 9:49 PM EDT
I’m not sure there’s really an MVP debate, at least one where the outcome is in doubt.
Derrick Rose is going to win it. Like it or not. Complain it’s about the narrative and not the play, or counter Rose is clearly the man leading the best team in the game, make no mistake about the ultimate outcome. Rose is the MVP.
And two-time defending MVP LeBron James is good with that.
“I think [it's] Derrick Rose,” James said before the Heat’s game Wednesday night against the Washington Wizards. “What he’s done for that team, with all the injuries they have and them being first in the Eastern Conference — they’re playing some really good basketball.”
Rose has stepped up his game and is the leader of the team that will finish the regular season on top of the East. The Bulls and Rose have exceeded expectations, and that narrative often wins the MVP award. Not everyone is on board (myself included). Rather than rehash the argument, just read this.
But it doesn’t matter. Rose will win. And picking up LeBron’s endorsement makes it that much more certain.
Here is the video of LeBron’s comments, courtesy CSN Chicago.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 30
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 31
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23