Mar 30, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
The initial incident occurred when Ilgauskas was holding the ball in the high post. Wall was attempting to swipe at the ball, and Ilgauskas gave Wall two quick elbows to the face for his trouble. In retaliation, Wall fired a quick right hook at Illgauskas’ ribs before the whistles blew, Ilgauskas and Wall tied each other up, and players started swarming to the incident. Both Wall and Ilgauskas were assigned flagrant-2 fouls and ejected from the game.
Juwan Howard was ejected for shoving JaVale McGee, who dove in to get Ilgauskas off of Wall. The official reason given for Howard’s ejection was “escalation.” The ejections occured at the 8:48 mark of the second quarter. At the time of the ejections, the Wizards were leading the Heat by a score of 37-36.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22