Mar 30, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
The initial incident occurred when Ilgauskas was holding the ball in the high post. Wall was attempting to swipe at the ball, and Ilgauskas gave Wall two quick elbows to the face for his trouble. In retaliation, Wall fired a quick right hook at Illgauskas’ ribs before the whistles blew, Ilgauskas and Wall tied each other up, and players started swarming to the incident. Both Wall and Ilgauskas were assigned flagrant-2 fouls and ejected from the game.
Juwan Howard was ejected for shoving JaVale McGee, who dove in to get Ilgauskas off of Wall. The official reason given for Howard’s ejection was “escalation.” The ejections occured at the 8:48 mark of the second quarter. At the time of the ejections, the Wizards were leading the Heat by a score of 37-36.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 16
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16