Mar 30, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
The initial incident occurred when Ilgauskas was holding the ball in the high post. Wall was attempting to swipe at the ball, and Ilgauskas gave Wall two quick elbows to the face for his trouble. In retaliation, Wall fired a quick right hook at Illgauskas’ ribs before the whistles blew, Ilgauskas and Wall tied each other up, and players started swarming to the incident. Both Wall and Ilgauskas were assigned flagrant-2 fouls and ejected from the game.
Juwan Howard was ejected for shoving JaVale McGee, who dove in to get Ilgauskas off of Wall. The official reason given for Howard’s ejection was “escalation.” The ejections occured at the 8:48 mark of the second quarter. At the time of the ejections, the Wizards were leading the Heat by a score of 37-36.
- The Extra Pass: This season’s record number of threes is just the start 3
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 4
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 20
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 25
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69