Mar 30, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
The initial incident occurred when Ilgauskas was holding the ball in the high post. Wall was attempting to swipe at the ball, and Ilgauskas gave Wall two quick elbows to the face for his trouble. In retaliation, Wall fired a quick right hook at Illgauskas’ ribs before the whistles blew, Ilgauskas and Wall tied each other up, and players started swarming to the incident. Both Wall and Ilgauskas were assigned flagrant-2 fouls and ejected from the game.
Juwan Howard was ejected for shoving JaVale McGee, who dove in to get Ilgauskas off of Wall. The official reason given for Howard’s ejection was “escalation.” The ejections occured at the 8:48 mark of the second quarter. At the time of the ejections, the Wizards were leading the Heat by a score of 37-36.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6