Mar 30, 2011, 8:07 PM EST
The initial incident occurred when Ilgauskas was holding the ball in the high post. Wall was attempting to swipe at the ball, and Ilgauskas gave Wall two quick elbows to the face for his trouble. In retaliation, Wall fired a quick right hook at Illgauskas’ ribs before the whistles blew, Ilgauskas and Wall tied each other up, and players started swarming to the incident. Both Wall and Ilgauskas were assigned flagrant-2 fouls and ejected from the game.
Juwan Howard was ejected for shoving JaVale McGee, who dove in to get Ilgauskas off of Wall. The official reason given for Howard’s ejection was “escalation.” The ejections occured at the 8:48 mark of the second quarter. At the time of the ejections, the Wizards were leading the Heat by a score of 37-36.
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 15
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12
- Report: Lakers expect Kobe Bryant to miss rest of season 19