Mar 30, 2011, 12:06 PM EST
Grant Hill is nearing retirement — and if there is one thing you can find plenty of in Phoenix it’s retirees. Warm, dry weather is easy on the joints, you know. Plus, lots of places you can have dinner at 5 and still make it home for Jeopardy.
Hill will be a free agent at age 38 this summer but would like to play a couple more seasons. He told Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic he’s like to stick around in Phoenix… but you never know.
“It’d be nice to come back and prove that we can be better than we were this season,” Hill said Tuesday. “Let’s just hope and pray we have a season first and foremost and then we’ll see what happens. Hopefully, it works out and we can improve and get better.”
Hill wants the process to be simple and quick, no drama.
“I’m too old for all that,” said Hill, 38. “Depending on what happens, for all free agents, if there’s a work stoppage and if we miss some of the season, there will be a mad dash or scramble to get everyone signed. You have a new labor agreement that you have to understand and interpret. I anticipate it being a lot different than it was two years ago. Let’s say the lockout hypothetically ends in November. Going off what happened 12 years ago (for the 1999 lockout), we’re starting a week later. There will be a lot going on. It will be kind of a frenzy.”
Kind of is an understatement. But lets hope it doesn’t come to that and before camps open cooler heads prevail. We just need to find some cooler heads because they don’t seem to be around right now.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 8
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11