Mar 30, 2011, 7:22 AM EDT
What you missed while checking out what Super Mario would look like as a first-person shooter…
The Cavaliers beating the Heat with an inside game was our game of the night.
Thunder 115, Warriors 114 (OT): The Thunder had this one, up 10 inside five minutes and up six with 13 seconds to go. Just close it out.
Then off an inbounds play Reggie Williams get a good look at a three and drained it. Next OKC’s Daequan Cook threw a terrible inbound pass to where he thought Kevin Durant would be, not where his hand was. Monta Ellis picked up the loose ball, went to the corner and drilled a three to tie. Just like that, in about nine seconds. Durant then missed a game winner along the baseline and we went to overtime.
The OT was all Durant for the Thunder, he had 8 points, but once again Ellis had a shot, a pretty good look at a long two over Sefolosha that just hit the back of the rim. OKC escaped with one they tried to give away, but credit the Warriors for not rolling over. They are a team slowly getting better.
Rockets 112, Nets 86: The Rockets were pretty much able to score at will, they pushed the tempo and the hot Kyle Lowry put on a clinic and with 16 in the first half. The Rockets had 61 at the break and were up 18. It was garbage time by the middle of the third quarter.
Kings 116, Suns 113: Goodbye, faint Suns playoff hopes. Sleep well. Phoenix is now 4.5 back of 8 seed Memphis and four back in the loss column. This is over. The Kings now have won four in rows.
The Suns blew another fourth-quarter lead. Last season you knew what they were going to do in the clutch — Nash/Stoudemire pick-and-roll. Now, the just seem to lack a vision for the end of games other than “let Nash be Nash.” He’s good, but he can’t turn water into wine not can he turn the rest of the Suns roster into a good supporting cast.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 37
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20