Mar 30, 2011, 7:22 AM EST
What you missed while checking out what Super Mario would look like as a first-person shooter…
The Cavaliers beating the Heat with an inside game was our game of the night.
Thunder 115, Warriors 114 (OT): The Thunder had this one, up 10 inside five minutes and up six with 13 seconds to go. Just close it out.
Then off an inbounds play Reggie Williams get a good look at a three and drained it. Next OKC’s Daequan Cook threw a terrible inbound pass to where he thought Kevin Durant would be, not where his hand was. Monta Ellis picked up the loose ball, went to the corner and drilled a three to tie. Just like that, in about nine seconds. Durant then missed a game winner along the baseline and we went to overtime.
The OT was all Durant for the Thunder, he had 8 points, but once again Ellis had a shot, a pretty good look at a long two over Sefolosha that just hit the back of the rim. OKC escaped with one they tried to give away, but credit the Warriors for not rolling over. They are a team slowly getting better.
Rockets 112, Nets 86: The Rockets were pretty much able to score at will, they pushed the tempo and the hot Kyle Lowry put on a clinic and with 16 in the first half. The Rockets had 61 at the break and were up 18. It was garbage time by the middle of the third quarter.
Kings 116, Suns 113: Goodbye, faint Suns playoff hopes. Sleep well. Phoenix is now 4.5 back of 8 seed Memphis and four back in the loss column. This is over. The Kings now have won four in rows.
The Suns blew another fourth-quarter lead. Last season you knew what they were going to do in the clutch — Nash/Stoudemire pick-and-roll. Now, the just seem to lack a vision for the end of games other than “let Nash be Nash.” He’s good, but he can’t turn water into wine not can he turn the rest of the Suns roster into a good supporting cast.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 7
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 27
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2