Mar 29, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
There was a time — just a mere 11 months ago — when LeBron James and his crew had the run of Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland. Some say they ran the place. If they wanted an ice sculpture of a Harley-Davidson waiting on their arrival for each game, it was there.
When LeBron’s entourage showed up with him for the Heat’s shootaround Tuesday morning, they were turned away reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
James was delayed in getting into the arena for the Miami Heat’s shootaround Tuesday morning when he arrived with a driver and a second car at the entrance of the Cleveland Cavaliers’ underground parking garage.
Cavs officials said James eventually was cleared to enter the building, but several people with him were not. The two cars then left, and James alone returned a short time later and was allowed in, officials said.
Who said Cleveland had moved on? It’s a bit petty to turn away people you know because they switched teams, frankly. LeBron has always run with a pretty healthy entourage and this was clearly just a little swipe at that.
Good job pissing LeBron off, Cleveland. I’d move the under/over on the number of points he drops on the Cavs tonight up to 40, and probably take the over now.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18