Mar 29, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
UPDATE 10:21 pm: In his post game interview, James said he was using the restroom during the introductions. Certainly a legitimate reason. We’ll just say again — and even Kevin McHale said the same thing on NBA TV — with all the games I’ve watched over decades I don’t remember that happening to anyone else. So take it how you will.
7:48 pm: Not sure I’ve ever seen this before.
During the player introductions for LeBron James second return to Cleveland, he ducked the players’ introductions.
When the Heat intros were taking place and it got to LeBron, the stadium announcer called his name but he was nowhere to be seen. There were plenty of boos but some confused faces as well. Follow this link for the video.
James entered on to the court when the lights were down for the Cavaliers introductions.
Who knows his motive (smart money says James says he was back getting something out of the locker room and couldn’t be there for player intros). And it’s really not that big a deal, but it’s going to feed into the LeBron hate that comes from Cleveland and other parts of the nation. And you can bet it’s going to be a story for the next 24 hours.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 2
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 5
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34