Mar 29, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
UPDATE 10:21 pm: In his post game interview, James said he was using the restroom during the introductions. Certainly a legitimate reason. We’ll just say again — and even Kevin McHale said the same thing on NBA TV — with all the games I’ve watched over decades I don’t remember that happening to anyone else. So take it how you will.
7:48 pm: Not sure I’ve ever seen this before.
During the player introductions for LeBron James second return to Cleveland, he ducked the players’ introductions.
When the Heat intros were taking place and it got to LeBron, the stadium announcer called his name but he was nowhere to be seen. There were plenty of boos but some confused faces as well. Follow this link for the video.
James entered on to the court when the lights were down for the Cavaliers introductions.
Who knows his motive (smart money says James says he was back getting something out of the locker room and couldn’t be there for player intros). And it’s really not that big a deal, but it’s going to feed into the LeBron hate that comes from Cleveland and other parts of the nation. And you can bet it’s going to be a story for the next 24 hours.
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 3
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 10
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 11
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 5
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 8