Mar 29, 2011, 10:21 PM EST
UPDATE 10:21 pm: In his post game interview, James said he was using the restroom during the introductions. Certainly a legitimate reason. We’ll just say again — and even Kevin McHale said the same thing on NBA TV — with all the games I’ve watched over decades I don’t remember that happening to anyone else. So take it how you will.
7:48 pm: Not sure I’ve ever seen this before.
During the player introductions for LeBron James second return to Cleveland, he ducked the players’ introductions.
When the Heat intros were taking place and it got to LeBron, the stadium announcer called his name but he was nowhere to be seen. There were plenty of boos but some confused faces as well. Follow this link for the video.
James entered on to the court when the lights were down for the Cavaliers introductions.
Who knows his motive (smart money says James says he was back getting something out of the locker room and couldn’t be there for player intros). And it’s really not that big a deal, but it’s going to feed into the LeBron hate that comes from Cleveland and other parts of the nation. And you can bet it’s going to be a story for the next 24 hours.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 17
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 34
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19