Mar 29, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
UPDATE 10:21 pm: In his post game interview, James said he was using the restroom during the introductions. Certainly a legitimate reason. We’ll just say again — and even Kevin McHale said the same thing on NBA TV — with all the games I’ve watched over decades I don’t remember that happening to anyone else. So take it how you will.
7:48 pm: Not sure I’ve ever seen this before.
During the player introductions for LeBron James second return to Cleveland, he ducked the players’ introductions.
When the Heat intros were taking place and it got to LeBron, the stadium announcer called his name but he was nowhere to be seen. There were plenty of boos but some confused faces as well. Follow this link for the video.
James entered on to the court when the lights were down for the Cavaliers introductions.
Who knows his motive (smart money says James says he was back getting something out of the locker room and couldn’t be there for player intros). And it’s really not that big a deal, but it’s going to feed into the LeBron hate that comes from Cleveland and other parts of the nation. And you can bet it’s going to be a story for the next 24 hours.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8