Mar 28, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
In December, LeBron James got the reception you’d expect from the fans in Cleveland.
Then he and his new Heat teammates destroyed the Cavaliers as you’d expect.
Tuesday night, LeBron returns to Cleveland and while he does not expect a warm greeting with roses thrown on the path he walks, he doesn’t think it will be as bad, either he told our man Ira Winderman at the Sun-Sentinel.
“It can’t get no worse than it was December 2nd,” James said, as he prepared for his second homecoming. “I know that. I know that for a fact.”
The Heat went on a run after that and the Cavs started their season of going into the tank. This time the Heat come in hot and the Cavs cold. And we probably can expect about the same outcome. But the level of venom in Cleveland should be down a little. They will never love LeBron but they need to move on.
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 3
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 29
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games