Mar 27, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
After the controversy surrounding Jalen Rose’s comments about Grant Hill in the Fab Five documentary for ESPN (along with Jimmy King’s comments about Hill being a female dog), it would appear things are on their back to recovery for the two’s friendship. Hill tweeted on Saturday:
Had a great talk with @jalenrose today. We remain friends and both plan on moving forward
While Rose commented on his Twitter account:
Just had long convo w/my brother @realgranthill33(fyi)we are on the SAME page & willing to turn anything negative into a positive #respect
It’s good to see the two repair their relationship after the hurt feelings, swapped editorials, and tension over comments that are nearly two decades old. Unfortunately, the comments are unlikely to resolve the deep feelings of resentment over the issues raised in the documentary or the underlying racial tension that exists thereof. But it’s a good start and a class move by two of the statesmen for the game, no matter who you believe was right or wrong in the situation.
Either way, I wouldn’t expect Jimmy King to be extending an olive branch any time soon. Not that Hill should be concerned, considering how the two’s lives have wound up.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 0
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 3
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8