Mar 27, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
After the controversy surrounding Jalen Rose’s comments about Grant Hill in the Fab Five documentary for ESPN (along with Jimmy King’s comments about Hill being a female dog), it would appear things are on their back to recovery for the two’s friendship. Hill tweeted on Saturday:
Had a great talk with @jalenrose today. We remain friends and both plan on moving forward
While Rose commented on his Twitter account:
Just had long convo w/my brother @realgranthill33(fyi)we are on the SAME page & willing to turn anything negative into a positive #respect
It’s good to see the two repair their relationship after the hurt feelings, swapped editorials, and tension over comments that are nearly two decades old. Unfortunately, the comments are unlikely to resolve the deep feelings of resentment over the issues raised in the documentary or the underlying racial tension that exists thereof. But it’s a good start and a class move by two of the statesmen for the game, no matter who you believe was right or wrong in the situation.
Either way, I wouldn’t expect Jimmy King to be extending an olive branch any time soon. Not that Hill should be concerned, considering how the two’s lives have wound up.
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 0
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 16
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32