Mar 27, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
After the controversy surrounding Jalen Rose’s comments about Grant Hill in the Fab Five documentary for ESPN (along with Jimmy King’s comments about Hill being a female dog), it would appear things are on their back to recovery for the two’s friendship. Hill tweeted on Saturday:
Had a great talk with @jalenrose today. We remain friends and both plan on moving forward
While Rose commented on his Twitter account:
Just had long convo w/my brother @realgranthill33(fyi)we are on the SAME page & willing to turn anything negative into a positive #respect
It’s good to see the two repair their relationship after the hurt feelings, swapped editorials, and tension over comments that are nearly two decades old. Unfortunately, the comments are unlikely to resolve the deep feelings of resentment over the issues raised in the documentary or the underlying racial tension that exists thereof. But it’s a good start and a class move by two of the statesmen for the game, no matter who you believe was right or wrong in the situation.
Either way, I wouldn’t expect Jimmy King to be extending an olive branch any time soon. Not that Hill should be concerned, considering how the two’s lives have wound up.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85