Mar 25, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
Just last week, the Nets signed Sundiata Gaines through the remainder of this season and into the next one (whenever that is).
Now Gaines is out for the rest of the season with a fractured hip, the team reported on twitter. Gaines will be on crutches for six-to-eight weeks and then begin rehab.
Gaines jammed his right hip during the Nets game Wednesday against Cleveland, causing him to leave the game. That turned out to be a fracture.
Gaines was lucky to get the job with the Nets — right place, right time, with a passport — but the fates like to balance the scales sometimes.
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 2
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 15
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 23
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12