Mar 25, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
Just last week, the Nets signed Sundiata Gaines through the remainder of this season and into the next one (whenever that is).
Now Gaines is out for the rest of the season with a fractured hip, the team reported on twitter. Gaines will be on crutches for six-to-eight weeks and then begin rehab.
Gaines jammed his right hip during the Nets game Wednesday against Cleveland, causing him to leave the game. That turned out to be a fracture.
Gaines was lucky to get the job with the Nets — right place, right time, with a passport — but the fates like to balance the scales sometimes.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4