Mar 25, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
Just last week, the Nets signed Sundiata Gaines through the remainder of this season and into the next one (whenever that is).
Now Gaines is out for the rest of the season with a fractured hip, the team reported on twitter. Gaines will be on crutches for six-to-eight weeks and then begin rehab.
Gaines jammed his right hip during the Nets game Wednesday against Cleveland, causing him to leave the game. That turned out to be a fracture.
Gaines was lucky to get the job with the Nets — right place, right time, with a passport — but the fates like to balance the scales sometimes.
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 4
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 19
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6