Mar 25, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
Just last week, the Nets signed Sundiata Gaines through the remainder of this season and into the next one (whenever that is).
Now Gaines is out for the rest of the season with a fractured hip, the team reported on twitter. Gaines will be on crutches for six-to-eight weeks and then begin rehab.
Gaines jammed his right hip during the Nets game Wednesday against Cleveland, causing him to leave the game. That turned out to be a fracture.
Gaines was lucky to get the job with the Nets — right place, right time, with a passport — but the fates like to balance the scales sometimes.
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 32
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6