Mar 25, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
Just last week, the Nets signed Sundiata Gaines through the remainder of this season and into the next one (whenever that is).
Now Gaines is out for the rest of the season with a fractured hip, the team reported on twitter. Gaines will be on crutches for six-to-eight weeks and then begin rehab.
Gaines jammed his right hip during the Nets game Wednesday against Cleveland, causing him to leave the game. That turned out to be a fracture.
Gaines was lucky to get the job with the Nets — right place, right time, with a passport — but the fates like to balance the scales sometimes.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10