Mar 25, 2011, 9:08 AM EDT
The groin injury that kept Kevin Love out Thursday night in Dallas may have him in street clothes the rest of the season.
Minnesota coach Kurt Rambis told the Associated Press before the Wolves game it is possible Love is done for the year, though not likely.
“There is an outside chance, I don’t know how great that chance is,” Rambis said. “Obviously, with hamstring or groin injuries, you want to be cautious with them because they can linger for a long period of time, and we don’t want that to happen with Kevin.”
There is no real reason to rush Love back. There are no playoffs for Minnesota. If they lose more of their final 10 games then their draft stock can only go up. Plus Anthony Randolph started in Love’s place and had a monster game, so you know that is going to continue… okay, probably not. Still, might as well get him the run and let Love get healthy.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15