Mar 25, 2011, 9:08 AM EDT
The groin injury that kept Kevin Love out Thursday night in Dallas may have him in street clothes the rest of the season.
Minnesota coach Kurt Rambis told the Associated Press before the Wolves game it is possible Love is done for the year, though not likely.
“There is an outside chance, I don’t know how great that chance is,” Rambis said. “Obviously, with hamstring or groin injuries, you want to be cautious with them because they can linger for a long period of time, and we don’t want that to happen with Kevin.”
There is no real reason to rush Love back. There are no playoffs for Minnesota. If they lose more of their final 10 games then their draft stock can only go up. Plus Anthony Randolph started in Love’s place and had a monster game, so you know that is going to continue… okay, probably not. Still, might as well get him the run and let Love get healthy.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 2
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 24
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 47
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 84
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13