Mar 25, 2011, 9:08 AM EDT
The groin injury that kept Kevin Love out Thursday night in Dallas may have him in street clothes the rest of the season.
Minnesota coach Kurt Rambis told the Associated Press before the Wolves game it is possible Love is done for the year, though not likely.
“There is an outside chance, I don’t know how great that chance is,” Rambis said. “Obviously, with hamstring or groin injuries, you want to be cautious with them because they can linger for a long period of time, and we don’t want that to happen with Kevin.”
There is no real reason to rush Love back. There are no playoffs for Minnesota. If they lose more of their final 10 games then their draft stock can only go up. Plus Anthony Randolph started in Love’s place and had a monster game, so you know that is going to continue… okay, probably not. Still, might as well get him the run and let Love get healthy.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 0
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10