Mar 25, 2011, 9:08 AM EDT
The groin injury that kept Kevin Love out Thursday night in Dallas may have him in street clothes the rest of the season.
Minnesota coach Kurt Rambis told the Associated Press before the Wolves game it is possible Love is done for the year, though not likely.
“There is an outside chance, I don’t know how great that chance is,” Rambis said. “Obviously, with hamstring or groin injuries, you want to be cautious with them because they can linger for a long period of time, and we don’t want that to happen with Kevin.”
There is no real reason to rush Love back. There are no playoffs for Minnesota. If they lose more of their final 10 games then their draft stock can only go up. Plus Anthony Randolph started in Love’s place and had a monster game, so you know that is going to continue… okay, probably not. Still, might as well get him the run and let Love get healthy.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 7
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 30
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 19