Mar 25, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
Every time Derrick Rose scores this weekend, the people of Japan win. A little.
Rose leads a number of NBA stars who will be donating $1,000 for every point scored to Direct Relief’s Japan Relief and Recovery Fund. That is money that goes to support the immediate health needs of people devastated by the earthquake and tsunami that hit northern Japan.
Other players who are making donations (not per shot just flat fees) include D.J. Augustin, Jarron Collins, Jason Collins, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tyreke Evans, Danilo Gallinari, Xavier Henry, Antawn Jamison, Jason Kapono, Quincy Pondexter, Brian Scalabrine, Etan Thomas, and Ben Wallace.
If you have money to spare to help out, you can donate to Direct Relief as well by following this link.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 28
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 21
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22