Mar 25, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
Every time Derrick Rose scores this weekend, the people of Japan win. A little.
Rose leads a number of NBA stars who will be donating $1,000 for every point scored to Direct Relief’s Japan Relief and Recovery Fund. That is money that goes to support the immediate health needs of people devastated by the earthquake and tsunami that hit northern Japan.
Other players who are making donations (not per shot just flat fees) include D.J. Augustin, Jarron Collins, Jason Collins, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tyreke Evans, Danilo Gallinari, Xavier Henry, Antawn Jamison, Jason Kapono, Quincy Pondexter, Brian Scalabrine, Etan Thomas, and Ben Wallace.
If you have money to spare to help out, you can donate to Direct Relief as well by following this link.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (44)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)