Mar 25, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
Every time Derrick Rose scores this weekend, the people of Japan win. A little.
Rose leads a number of NBA stars who will be donating $1,000 for every point scored to Direct Relief’s Japan Relief and Recovery Fund. That is money that goes to support the immediate health needs of people devastated by the earthquake and tsunami that hit northern Japan.
Other players who are making donations (not per shot just flat fees) include D.J. Augustin, Jarron Collins, Jason Collins, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tyreke Evans, Danilo Gallinari, Xavier Henry, Antawn Jamison, Jason Kapono, Quincy Pondexter, Brian Scalabrine, Etan Thomas, and Ben Wallace.
If you have money to spare to help out, you can donate to Direct Relief as well by following this link.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13