Mar 25, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
Every time Derrick Rose scores this weekend, the people of Japan win. A little.
Rose leads a number of NBA stars who will be donating $1,000 for every point scored to Direct Relief’s Japan Relief and Recovery Fund. That is money that goes to support the immediate health needs of people devastated by the earthquake and tsunami that hit northern Japan.
Other players who are making donations (not per shot just flat fees) include D.J. Augustin, Jarron Collins, Jason Collins, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tyreke Evans, Danilo Gallinari, Xavier Henry, Antawn Jamison, Jason Kapono, Quincy Pondexter, Brian Scalabrine, Etan Thomas, and Ben Wallace.
If you have money to spare to help out, you can donate to Direct Relief as well by following this link.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18